SENSATIONAL! 15 year old Mima Ito defeats Ding Ning at the 2016 Asia Olympic Qualifications!

The spectacular Asian Qualification Tournament for Rio Olympics 2016 has commenced! Players throughout ASIA are competing for a place in the prestigious Rio Olympics. This morning on the 14th April Japan's Mima Ito caused the biggest upset of 2016 defeating reigning World Champion Ding Ning! You can watch the final moments unfold below:

mimaito2016.jpg

Mima Ito victorious over Ding Ning - Photo by: ITTF Flickr

The Asian Qualifications for Rio Olympics are well underway, some users are saying this tournament is more stronger than the Olympics itself! The vast quality of players within Asia is extraordinary. Japan's Mima Ito has caused one of the biggest upsets in recent times with a 4-2 win (6-11, 11-9, 12-10, 11-5, 6-11, 11-9) over Ding Ning!

In an interview with ITTF Mima expressed, "I am so happy, I did not think I could win, it is unbelievable".

You can follow all the latest action from the Asian Olympic Qualifications on TTD here. For all the latest videos from this spectacular qualification even check out our media library.

Like and tweet our articles to the World. Lets spread the word of Table Tennis.

TableTennisDaily

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
Merely joking that the 15 year old has done extremely well to beat her older opponent, and that in my day I was taught to respect my elders, and let them win!!
Nothing sinister, just a laugh :D.