Timo Boll Will Carry The German flag at the Rio Olympics 2016 Opening Ceremony!

Breaking News: Timo Boll has been selected to carry the German Flag at tonight's opening ceremony at the Rio Olympic Games 2016! Timo Boll is one of the most admired table tennis players on the planet and very recognisable in Germany. What fantastic news for Timo and for table tennis!

timobollflaggermayrio2016.jpg

Timo Boll - Via ITTF

Yesterday on the 4th August the news had surfaced that Timo Boll one of Europe's and the Worlds greatest table tennis players will hold the flag as the German athletes walk out at the opening ceremony in Rio de Janeiro.

Timo Boll is an amazing sportsman with a great personality who deserves this honor for his country.

Timo Boll expressed on his Facebook status: "It is an indescribable feeling and great honor to be selected by my Olympic team mates and the German population to be the flag bearer for Germany at the Olympimcs Games in Rio. This I think might be the biggest highlight of my career leading the flag in Rio. It makes me very proud".

Timo Boll went on to say he is full of anticipation with Dimitrij Ovtcharov and sends his congratulations to everyone.

timodima2016rio.jpg

timoflag2016.jpg

Keep up to date with all the latest news from the Rio Olypmpic Games on our Rio Olympic Games 2016!"]Rio topic. You can also see the full draw for the men's and women's singles event here.

What a great honor and achievement for Timo!

Like and tweet our articles to the World. Lets spread the word of Table Tennis.
TableTennisDaily