Timo Boll Signs Up For The $1.5 Million T2 Asia Pacific League!

NEWS: TIMO BOLL & JUN MIZUTANI SIGN UP FOR T2 ASIA-PACIFIC TABLE TENNIS LEAGUE!

On the 14th March 2017 the announcement had been made! Timo Boll will compete at this summers T2 Asia Pacific Table Tennis League! This is massive news with recent Jun Mizutani also confirming his participation. This will be a great show for fans across the world. 12 male players and 12 female players will be competing in the new league from July to December in Hong Kong, which has an impressive $1.5 million prize fund!

timobollt2apac2017.jpg

Timo Boll Confirms Participation!

Timo Boll and Jun Mizutani will both be competing at this summers table tennis league in Hong Kong which has a staggering $1.5 million prize fund! Timo Boll is currently world ranked at 12 however this doesn't stop him being one of the most favorite to watch among fans globally. Timo Boll is in good form recently defeating Ruwen Filus to capture the German National Title for the 11th time.

A T2 Apac spokesman has expressed, "we are currently talking to the best players in the world, and we definitely have plans to include them". Perhaps we will see some Chinese players signed up soon? Ma Long or Zhang Jike perhaps?

CONFIRMED PLAYERS SO FAR:

Men:

1) Timo Boll
2) Jun Mizutani
3) Vladimir Samsonov
4) Joo See Hyuk
5) Paul Drinkhall
6) Chen Chien An
7) Aleksandr Shibaev

Female:

1) Feng Tianwei
2) Cheng I Ching
3) Jeon Ji Hee
4) Suthasini Sawettabut
5) Elizabeta Samara
6) Yang Ha Eun
7) Matilda Ekholm

There are 24 spots up for grabs, over the next few weeks T2APAC will be drip feed the remaining 10 participants to the public. Who do you think will be the remaining 10? Be sure to write in the comments.

TIMO BOLL AND JUN MIZUTANI

In an interview with T2 Asia Pacific Timo Boll expressed, "I am excited to be part of this unique table tennis project because I believe the innovation format of the league will be an attractive improvement for table tennis fans and viewers watching from the television and in the arena. I am really interested in the 24-minute format that will make the matches really intense and exciting. I think T2APAC has the potential to be a game changer and send table tennis into new heights.

Jeff from T2APAC is delighted to have Jun Mizutani on board and announced, "Jun Mizutani is a great asset to have, we look forward to him taken on the best players in our unique format giving the table tennis fans what they want - electrifying action!“

UNIQUE FORMAT

T2APAC are introducing several innovative ideas to spice things up for the sport. There goal is to make the sport more spectator friendly by incorporating slow motion presentation while adopting a player draft and a unique scoring system. Time limits of 24 minutes per match will be imposed on each match. These innovative concepts will be introduced in the hopes to improve rallies but hopefully great for the spectators.

What do you think of these new concepts?

Stay tuned on TTD for all the updates from the exciting T2APAC LEAGUE for the line up, draws, seeds and more.

Like and tweet our articles to the World. Lets spread the word of Table Tennis.
Photos by: ITTF Flickr
TableTennisDaily