• Join our newsletter: 
  • Welcome Guest

• Tomokazu Harimoto Defeats World Number 1 Fan Zhendong | Asian Cup 2018

Incredible news just in as 14 year old wonderkid Tomokazu Harimoto defeats world number 1 Fan Zhendong at the Asian Cup!

Harimoto sends shockwaves to CHINA! Photo via ITTF Flickr

3 weeks ago Harimoto played Fan Zhendong at the World Team Cup, where Fan from China outplayed the Japanese wonder kid. This left people to doubt the boys ability even though the wonderkid is only 14 years of age and has only just started his sensational career. Yesterday however the 14 year old talent took out Fan Zhendong in 4 sets with scores 11-8, 8-11, 11-9, 11-8. This is massive news for team Japan as their World Team Championship campaign begins at the end of this month!

Watch the MATCH unfold below between Japan's Tomokazu Harimoto and China's Fan Zhendong!

Watch the full video playlist from the Asian Cup in the TableTennisDaily Video Library.

Like and tweet our articles to the World. Lets spread the word of Table Tennis.
      TableTennisDaily
      Comments 10 Comments
        EmRatThich -
        well played, Harimoto! You are improving faster than expected. I wonder did Fan Zhendong lost to him on purpose?
        Charli -
        well played harimoto
        I think Fan Zhendong had a emotional issue thinking: "Will I loose the game to a child?"
        Takkyu_wa_inochi -
        Now Harimoto can play against Zhang Jike
        tsunami902 -
        World cup team championship fzd defeat t. Harimoto 3-0 and check the scores. In purposed
        Shijiru -
        you done ma long, zhang jike now fan z... that spot will just be tougher movin on!
        Takkyu_wa_inochi -
        younger sister wants to beat big brother, just seen a program about her on Japanese TV !!

https://www.ittf.com/2018/07/08/stan...-centre-stage/
        Shijiru -
        thanks for awesome update dude... hahaha always like this... sibling rivalry hahaha... let's see who has more heart... ^_^
        matheusmp87 -
        Tem grandes chance se se tornar numero 1 do mundo.
        sam1409 -
        Well played Harimoto