Jun Mizutani Takes Gold at Pro Tour Grand Finals 2010!!!

Again, after recent fantastic performances of Jun Mizutani in the ITTF protours has seem him capture the gold medal at the Pro Tour Grand Finals.

View attachment 318

The Pro Tour Grand Finals is a tournament that all the top 8 qualifiers meet in the end of year Pro Tour Finals. Jun beat 11-5, 11-9, 8-11, 11-9, 11-7 to go home as the winner. Photo By: Richard Kalocsai

The match was thilling with debatable edge calls that could have made the game go either way! Watch the video below to watch this fantastic game between Jun Mizutani and Bastian Steger!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Good game from Mizutani, taking advantage of the absence of China´s army.

I thnk that Steger´s first edge was good ball, instead Mizutani´s second edge was out.

Also, i think that ALL Mizutani´s serves are illegal, he blocks the oponent sight with his shoulder, even though he separates his arm, his shoulder is between the ball and the net at the moment of hitting the ball, so, illegal service.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
I think it comes down to Stegers average forehand - the amount of misses is to high at this level of the game. And he knows it, that is why he is using his backhand all the time even when he should be using his forehand.