Its official - Timo Boll is the new World Number 1 Table Tennis Player!!!!

After 7 years, Timo Boll has now finally made his dream come true, of being the World Number 1 table tennis player on the planet! Its official, 3rd January 2011. What a great start to the New Year :)

bollttd.jpg

Photo by: Remy Gros

Due to his back injury in 2003, the world number 1 was not able to maintain training and was having to rest and do lots of rehabilitation. Due to this, this gave a decline in his performance and he lost his number 1 spot after 7 months.

However, after years and years of determination and correct training, Boll has shown some amazing performances against the top Chinese players on a consistent level. Thus, its allowed him to gain more points and reach the number 1 spot.

Theres lots of speculation that Boll is number 1 due to Ma Longs absence as he has had an anckle injury, however, Boll furely deserves this place. It may not last for 'long', due to Ma Long :D however all the same. Congratulations Timo Boll, The new world number 1!

How long do you think Timo Boll will stay number 1??

Leave your comments below

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Axtually i think it depends on his performance.I love Boll now its all eyes on him everyone will b gunning for him again.I wish him all the best i say 6 months to a year we will see .Go Timo Boll!!!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Congratulations to Timo Boll and I wish to him to continue the progress and success :) .

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I think it is nice that Timo played in a lot of tournaments, got a lot of points racked up and has played well. But in realistic terms he probably would not be ranked higher than 4th if was not based in part by how many tournaments you have played in. Ma Long, Wang Hao and Zhang Jike all have something on him. I think all the top Chinese players did not play as many tournaments this year. Nobody from China even qualified for the Pro Tour Grand Final as a result. If they show up to the tournaments in the early months of 2011 that rating will change. I like Timo and I wish things were different but he is a slight notch below the top Chinese players.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2011
We all have to enjoy this moment, it might be for a very veeery long time to see a non chinese on the number 1 spot again.
Still I don't think Timo can take gold at the WTTC.
He can beat Ma Lin, but can he also beat Liqin, Wang Hao, Zhang Jike, Xu, Ma Long in the same tournament?
Let's hope so!

says anyone tel me where can i buy the return board here in...
says anyone tel me where can i buy the return board here in...
Nov 2010
i really like timo but i think in his position now will not last...