Xu Xin sent from above cruised through the mens singles at the Qatar open with all the best players in the world competing. Xu Xin was just on a different form to everyone else in the hall. On route to the final Xu beat

- Robert Svensson 4 - 0
- Patrick Franziska 4 - 0
- Wang Liqin 4 - 0
- Wang Hao 4 - 3
- Ma Long 4 - 0

View attachment 410
Photo by: Photo By: Adel Hakouz

The final match for Xu Xin was current ranked Europe's favourite Timo Boll of Germany. Timo Boll had a great match in the semi final beating Zhang Jike of China 4-2 on going through to the final.

The crowd thought and so did I that Timo had a chance of taking this title but all was to prevail.

Xu Xin started of the opening set flying out the blocks like a 100m sprinter! His aggression and consistent pressure, abled him to win the opening set in an amazing fashion. Timo Boll could not keep up with the pace of the game. He was way out of it. Boll fought hard, but on the day he could not live up to expectations to repeat his win in 2009 by beating Ma Lin of China in the final.

Xu Xin went away with the title beating Timo Boll 4-0 --- 11-8, 11-5, 11-4, 11-8.

Due to Xu Xin recent performances at Pro Tours by winning the Slovenia Open in January, and now in Qatar, he is at the top of the ITTF Pro Tour Men’s Singles Standings.

Who can catch him? This day Xu Xin was from outer space!

Dan

Click here to watch the final between Xu Xin and Timo Boll in HD! You need to register to the site or log in with your name details:)

Comment below? How good was that match! Do you think this was a stroke of luck.. or is Xu Xin ruling the world of table tennis at the moment?

says Best setup ever for a modern defender :D
says Best setup ever for a modern defender :D
Jan 2011
I think he is the future of this sport his performance is just not human he took former number 1 Ma long and destroyed him in 4 straight games and destroyed world number one Timo Boll and the years just beggining he will be the number one in no time Xu xin rules.
does anyone knows what rubbers he use?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
I like Xu Xin and he's the best but bad luck I didn't turn to be a left hander, I think he's skills in penhold is the best especially the way he concentrates.