Name: Ma Long

Nationality: China

Date Of Birth: October 20, 1988

Ma Long supporting our website TableTennisDaily. Click here for more.

mawithleaflet.jpg

Current World Ranking: 1 (Since July 2013)
July 2013 World Rankings found here

Career Update: Ma Long regains his world number 1 status in July 2013.

Playing Style: Ma Long is a righted two winged attacker. Long is one of the most aggressive table tennis players to have lived! His two winged attack strategy with text book technique allows him to hit the ball at angles and speed that has never been seen before!

Ma was on the World scene properly around 2007 and ever since hasn't looked back in his playing style. His 3rd ball attack and service is really what separates himself to the rest. If their is a rally of him playing, he is rarely on the defence and if he is, he would look to make an attack within seconds.

TableTennisDaily footage of the Chinese National Team training

We caught Ma Long in the training hall in preparation for the 2013 WTTC. More videos, pictures, discussions and information here.

Greatest Results

Click HERE to watch the match of Ma Long's most recent competition win.

- 2013 China Open World Tour Champion
- 2012 China Super League Team Champion with Ningbo
- London 2012 Olympic Team Gold
- World Team Championships 2012 - Gold Medallist
- Hungarian Open World Tour 2012: Men's Singles Champion
- ITTF Pro Tour Grand Finals 2011: Men's Singles Champion
- Swedish Open 2011: Men's Singles Champion
- Austrian Open 2011: Men's Singles Champion
- Harmony China Open 2011: Men's Singles Champion
- In 2010 Ma Long became the Asian Men Singles champion
- Long is a 9 time winner of Pro Tours including,
- In 2007, Kuwait and German Open winner
- In 2008, Korea and Singapore Open Winner
- In 2009, China and English Open Winner
- In 2010, German Open 2010
- In 2004 Ma Long became the World Junior Champion

Equipment and sponsor: Ma Long has been varying his forehand rubber in recent times, but he is currently using the DHS Neo Hurricane III on the forehand. His backhand rubber is the one of the Tenergy series. The 05 version. Ma is using the DHS Hurricane Long 3 blade.

Pictures of Ma Long's Equipment

mabat.jpg

Club Represents

Ma Long is currently representing Ningbo. One of China's major Table Tennis Teams in the China Super League.

--- So who is your favourite player in Table Tennis? Was this profile page of Ma Long useful? ---

For more player profiles of the World's best table tennis players click here.

TableTennisDaily

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2011
Nice article. It's hard to think of Ma Long being number 4 in the world.! I don't think he will be there for too long, if you'll excuse the pun!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Nice one Dan. kinda sucks that he's injured, but he'll be back. :D he's too good to stay #4 hahahaha

says I began a table tennis at the college that I teach and...
says I began a table tennis at the college that I teach and...
Nov 2010
He has a powerful style. I enjoy watching him. As much as I like Timo Boll, Ma Long will be number this year.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
I read somewhere that Ma Long has moved from a Hurricane 3 Neo to a Skyline TG 3 Neo. Is this true? Which of these two rubbers is more powerful?

This user has no status.
Is that Timo Boll ALC an grip or fl grip ? I don't know the different. could someone tell me :).
Um, please update the article about Ma Long from the following:Awards: World Cup 2012 ChampionEquipment: Blade - DHS PG-7 or DHS Long 2Forehand - DHS NEO Hurricane 3Backhand - Butterfly Tenergy 05CTTSL Club: He plays for Ningbo today. Zeshang doesn't exist in this season anymore.Please bear with me on this. This is all true.