Ma Long, "Wang Hao has best chance at WTTC 2011"

On the 24th April 2011 the Chinese Men's warm up games for the upcoming World Table Tennis Championships had just finished. The winner was Ma Long beating Yan An 4 games to 1. A Chinese reporter interviewed Ma Long after the match. Ma Long quoted, “I tried to take control over the game and concentrated on my forehand which is more critical.”

ma_long_20_11_10_Large.jpg

Photo by: Qi Dazheng

Warm Up Event Results

Round of 16
Wang Gao 4-1 Zhai Yiming
Hao Shuai 4-1 Li Ping
Ma Long 4-1 Fang Bo
Wang Liqin 4-2 Lei ZH
Zhang Jike 4-3 Zhou Yu
Zhang Chao 4-2 Chen Qi
Yan An 4-3 Xu Xin
Ma Lin 4-2 Xu Ruifeng

Quarter Final
Wang Hao 4-2 Hao Shuai
Ma Long 4-2 Wang Liqin
Zhang Jike 4-1Zhang Chao
Yan An 4-2 Ma Lin

Semi Final
Wang Hao 0-4 Ma Long
Yan An 4-1 Zhang Jike

Final
Yan An 1-4 Ma Long

Regarding Wang Hao

The reporter at the Warm Up event then asked Ma Long what his views were on the older more experienced players of the squad going to Rotterdam. Ma Long said, Wang Hao, Wang Liqin and Ma Lin's technical skills and abilities are not as good as before but with their age and experiences they deserve the attention from us younger players in the squad.

Ma Long's chances

Ma Long was then asked by a reporter on his chances of winning the WTTC. "All the players in the squad will give it there all and we all have an equal amount of pressure on us. I hope my training is good enough. Winning the warm up match does not have any bearing however its good to gain some confidence from these matches before the big events. I hope to go all out in the WTTC.” Ma Long added.

Ma Long was then asked which medal he wanted to win. Ma Long with no hesitations immediately said "gold". There is only one winner in these competitions and we are all aiming for it. Having the right mind state is important".

Check the full table tennis news at http://tabletennista.com/

--- Please hit the share button at the top of the article to share to your facebook guys and spread the word on the Ma Long's chances! ---

So TableTennisDaily members, what do you think? Will Ma Long maintain this form from the warm up trials and further it into the WTTC?

Lan

says ahh that sucks, thamks for writing back though:)

Lan

says ahh that sucks, thamks for writing back though:)
Jan 2011
was it aired on tv?