I am node right 218 xxxx
  • Back to News

Ma Long, "Wang Hao has best chance at WTTC 2011"

On the 24th April 2011 the Chinese Men's warm up games for the upcoming World Table Tennis Championships had just finished. The winner was Ma Long beating Yan An 4 games to 1. A Chinese reporter interviewed Ma Long after the match. Ma Long quoted, “I tried to take control over the game and concentrated on my forehand which is more critical.”

Photo by: Qi Dazheng

Warm Up Event Results

Round of 16
    Wang Gao 4-1 Zhai Yiming
    Hao Shuai 4-1 Li Ping
    Ma Long 4-1 Fang Bo
    Wang Liqin 4-2 Lei ZH
    Zhang Jike 4-3 Zhou Yu
    Zhang Chao 4-2 Chen Qi
    Yan An 4-3 Xu Xin
    Ma Lin 4-2 Xu Ruifeng

Quarter Final
    Wang Hao 4-2 Hao Shuai
    Ma Long 4-2 Wang Liqin
    Zhang Jike 4-1Zhang Chao
    Yan An 4-2 Ma Lin

Semi Final
    Wang Hao 0-4 Ma Long
    Yan An 4-1 Zhang Jike

Final
    Yan An 1-4 Ma Long

Regarding Wang Hao

The reporter at the Warm Up event then asked Ma Long what his views were on the older more experienced players of the squad going to Rotterdam. Ma Long said, Wang Hao, Wang Liqin and Ma Lin's technical skills and abilities are not as good as before but with their age and experiences they deserve the attention from us younger players in the squad.

Ma Long's chances

Ma Long was then asked by a reporter on his chances of winning the WTTC. "All the players in the squad will give it there all and we all have an equal amount of pressure on us. I hope my training is good enough. Winning the warm up match does not have any bearing however its good to gain some confidence from these matches before the big events. I hope to go all out in the WTTC.” Ma Long added.

Ma Long was then asked which medal he wanted to win. Ma Long with no hesitations immediately said "gold". There is only one winner in these competitions and we are all aiming for it. Having the right mind state is important".

Check the full table tennis news at http://tabletennista.com/

--- Please hit the share button at the top of the article to share to your facebook guys and spread the word on the Ma Long's chances! ---

So TableTennisDaily members, what do you think? Will Ma Long maintain this form from the warm up trials and further it into the WTTC?
    Comments 12 Comments
      Michellius -
      Agreed, Ma Long.
      Lan -
      was it aired on tv?
      YosuaYosan -
      Yep.
      For me, Wang Hao is more experienced than Ma Long and he still got the kinks to win.
      ttmonster -
      @Yosua : You may be right, but looking at current form I guess you will agree Wang Hao is the favourite and Zhang Jike, Xu Xin and Timo are the challengers
      YosuaYosan -
      He is just being modest, i think..
      azlan -
      I think so too, coz he has the consistency..though if Ma Long can get his mind and game together, he will be the man to beat
      Charlie -
      he speaks the truth he would be my favorite too
      david93fcb -
      He obviously wants to be undererstimated
      StealthAsassin -
      i told you guys even ma long says that wang hao is the favourite to win WTTC !!!
      chrisdarkfury -
      like it
      idolLong -
      go malong :d
      markog99 -
      ma long = badass D
    Trending Now
  • Latest Videos

Create a new Topic:
Title is required.