Chinese Team not staying in Rotterdam at WTTC 2011

The Chinese National Team including the likes of Ma Long, Xu Xin and Wang Hao are currently playing in the World Table Tennis Championships 2011. However they are not actually staying in the Rotterdam hotels like the rest of the players.The reason for this is that the Chinese players want to feel as close to home as possible. They have done this by staying in the China hotel in Delft which is between Rotterdam and Hague.

chinahotel.365x265.jpg

Photo source: chinahotelholland.com/photogallery

The Chinese team doesnt mind a bit more travel each morning to the Ahoy Venue in Rotterdam as Nuping Coach Shi Zhihao quotes, “Not only the rooms are more spacious than the average size in any hotels in Europe, we can also eat authentic Chinese cuisine. We can easily adapt with the accommodation.” The Chinese team all sit in a mini bus together on a 40 minute journey each day.

Enjoy the WTTC everyone! :)

--- Please share this page to your facebook by clicking share at the top. Thanks! ---

Check the original source: Chinese Team not staying in Rotterdam?

GDP

This user has no status.

GDP

This user has no status.
Feb 2011
That's why the Chinese dominate. To the Chinese this is the Super Bowl and its athletes are treated like superstars. Huge psychological advantage. Others have little chance at 2011 WTTC. I'll be surprised if it's not a clean sweep.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
One major problem for the players at the WTTC is that there is really no place to rest and relax. Everyone is sitting down on hard chairs in loud and busy conditions. The Chinese team however have organised their own relaxtion area with couches and massage tables. They just take professionalism to a level above the other teams.

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
One major problem for the players at the WTTC is that there is really no place to rest and relax. Everyone is sitting down on hard chairs in loud and busy conditions. The Chinese team however have organised their own relaxtion area with couches and massage tables. They just take professionalism to a level above the other teams.

Totally agree William! Thanks for joining the forum and I was routing you against Mattenet!! so close! Looking forward to your new site to! :)

GDP

This user has no status.

GDP

This user has no status.
Feb 2011
Hate to say I told you so...................But.......................

Of course it was a clean sweep. Boll fought the good fight, but I highly doubt he has the kind of support and infrastructure that the Chinese have. That's just the way it is.