World Champion Ding Ning performs at the CCTV Personality Awards Night!

World Champion Ding Ning performs a routined dance in front of thousands at the recent CCTV Personality Awards 2011 - 2012. The Chinese National team on the 15th January 2012 were nominated for four categories at this spectacular event which included:

- Best National Team (Ma Long and Xu Xin to represent)
- Best National Coach
- Best Female Athlete : (Ding Ning)
- Best Male Athlete : (Zhang Jike)

dingdance1.jpg

For more on this amazing event click
here

Liu Guoliang expressed on his Weibo account, "I feel greedy having four nominations for the team hehe"

Unfortunately the Chinese National table tennis team did not win an award this year. The competition was very strong due to many teams being very successful in the World of sport, however Ding Ning put up an amazing performance on stage. Video to come shortly.

Ding Ning quoted on here Weibo account 3 days to her performance, "There are three days left from the 15th Sports Personality awards. I need to train and also dance and prepare to go to Europe. It has been very confusing, but anyway, I'm trying hard to show my best.".

dingnew1.jpg

dingnew2.jpg

After Ding Ning's incredible performance she quoted on her weibo account, "Just finished the performance! Although I didn't win, I will continue to do my best." This performance was a very good experience for me. I was so nervous before going up the stage but good thing it was a successful one. I want to thank all of the people who helped me with this."

The winners of the event

Best National Team: Chinese Women's Volleyball Team
Best Head Coach: Wang Haibin (Fencing)
Best Combination: Cai Yun and Fu Haifeng (Doubles Badminton)
Best Female Athlete: Li Na (Tennis)
Best Male Athlete: Sun Yang (Swimming)

All photos used in article by: sports.sohu.com

Stay tuned for the video to come shortly! :)