Ma Long & Zhang Jike withdraw from Qatar Open in preparation for the World Team Championships 2012

Ma Long and Zhang Jike have announced their withdrawal from next weeks World Tour, the Qatar Open 2012. The two dominant forces of the table tennis World have announced their withdrawal. The Chinese National team are heading to Longgang, Shenzhen to start a 40 day training camp in preparation for the World Team Championships in Dortmund.

mazhangqatar2012.jpg

Ma Long (Left), Zhang Jike (Right). Photo by: e.titan24.com

Source from tabletennista.com

Ma Long has pulled out of the Qatar Open 2012 as he wants to improve on his psychological and technical sides of the game. Zhang Jike stopped Ma Long's epic winning streak of 244 days! This has had a huge impact on Ma Long, and the World number 1 states that everyone is close at the top level right now. " I went to the 7th set with Chen Qi, Xu Xin, Joo Se Hyuk and lost to Zhang Jike, its very close at the top". However Ma Long's performance has been exceptional over the last 6 months and is the strongest player for the Chinese National team in the London 2012 Olympics as of current form.

Zhang Jike recently beat Ma Long at the Slovenian Open World Tour 2012. Zhang Jike in an interview had this to say " I had nothing to lose when I played Ma Long, he is the player to beat right now". Zhang Jike will join Ma Long in the 40 day training camp in the lead up to the World Team Championships.

The Chinese National team including Wang Hao, Xu Xin and Ma Lin will still play in the Qatar World Tour 2012 which begins next week on the 7th February. Don't miss out. For all the latest information from the Qatar Open click here

TableTennisDaily