Nationality: Germany

Date Of Birth: September 2, 1988

Height 1.86 m (6.1 ft)
      Weight 74 kg (160 lb)

Photo by: Streeter Lecka/Getty Images

Current World Ranking:
      6 (Since July 2013)
      July 2013 World Rankings found here.

Career Update: Dimitirj Ovtcharov is a right handed German table tennis player. In 2012, Dimitrij achieved two bronze medals both in the singles and team event! In July 2013 Ovtcharov made an all time career high world ranking of 6!

Playing Style: Dimitrij Ovtcharov's style of serves have helped him progress his way into the top 10 of the World! His serves are so unique, many of the Worlds best players have difficulties in returning the serve. Dimitrij's serve are that exquisite even the 'TIME' put Dimitrij Ovtchcarov in their list of top 50 innovations of 2008

Greatest Results

Click to our Media Library to watch Dimitrij Ovthcarov's career win over Wang Hao.

2013 Super Cup Champion
      2012 London 2012 Olympics Men's Team Bronze Medalist
      2012 London 2012 Olympics Men's Singles Bronze Medalist
      2012 World Team Championships - Silver Medalist
      2012 Europe Top 12: Men's Singles Champion
      2011 Brazil Open: Men's Singles Champion
      2011 Korea Open: Men's Singles Champion
      2010 India Open: Men's Singles Champion
      2009 World Championships: Round of 16
      2008 Olympics: Round of 16
      2008 Olympics: Silver Medal in Men's Team
      2007 European Championships: Semi Finalist

Equipment and sponsor: Dimitrij Ovtcharov uses the DONIC Waldner Senso Carbon blade with Coppa Speed on his backhand and forehand side.

Club Represents

Dimitrij Ovtcharov is currently representing GAZPROM Fakel Orenburg, one of Europes's leading Table Tennis Teams and also represents Guangdong in the 2013 Chinese Super League.

--- So who is your favourite player in Table Tennis? Was this profile page of Dimitrij Ovtcharov useful, if so please like it at the top to share with your friends on facebook ---

For more player profiles of the World's best table tennis players click here.

TableTennisDaily
      Comments 16 Comments
        afareed301 -
        wow ... i might never reach to his level ....... but i ll keep playing
        Will Dexter -
        you know ovtcharov has already been in rank 5?
        mefisto81 -
        Quote Originally Posted by afareed301 View Post
        wow ... i might never reach to his level ....... but i ll keep playing
        LOL

Sent from my Note 3 using tapatalk
        michiy -
        The equipment section should be updated though. He's not using Donic Rubbers no longer, does anybody knows?
        LukasTT -
        Quote Originally Posted by michiy View Post
        The equipment section should be updated though. He's not using Donic Rubbers no longer, does anybody knows?
        He does actually use Donic rubbers. On his website, it says that he uses Donic Bluefire M1 on both forehand and backhand.
        ranniely -
        Quote Originally Posted by LukasTT View Post
        He does actually use Donic rubbers. On his website, it says that he uses Donic Bluefire M1 on both forehand and backhand.
        He clearly had tenergy on his racket, take a look at Qatar 2015 final vs Samsonov video.
        LukasTT -
        Quote Originally Posted by ranniely View Post
        He clearly had tenergy on his racket, take a look at Qatar 2015 final vs Samsonov video.
        Already watched that video 3 times x) I was just going with what I saw on his website.
        michiy -
        None of the manufacturers website provide real info. No pro player uses the Bluefire series, or either any Donic rubber. Does anyone knows which blade is he using? I saw too in the Qatar open he had Tenergies on both sides.
        rocketscientist -
        From the Qatar videos it doesnt look like a Waldner Carbon from the side. It looks more like a Stiga Clipper of some sort. Perhaps he have changed handles. He practice a lot with Jorgen Persson and he has always played with Clipper so my money is on Clipper CR.
        Flash Gordon -
        wow. its incredible if he use also another blade and not donic. im no surprised if he uses a stiga clipper cause its very good but not very good for donic.
        michiy -
        Wow! I did not know Ovtcharov used the Clipper. I thought he was using either the Waldner Senso Carbon v1 or the Ovtcharov Senso Carbon. Hard to see players using the Clipper, too bad he uses the large sidetapes, if he did not we would be able to see the red layers!
        Great Final match against Samsonov on the Lausanne Open 14.02.2016, it was the first time i watch a real pro match playing in front of me... and i must say it's incredible! and for those who want to know which rubbers he was using... Tenergy both sides.
        Raylazyfo -
        Quote Originally Posted by michiy View Post
        None of the manufacturers website provide real info. No pro player uses the Bluefire series, or either any Donic rubber. Does anyone knows which blade is he using? I saw too in the Qatar open he had Tenergies on both sides.
        No waldner used bluefire in the legends tour look it up on google images
        UpSideDownCarl -
        Wow....talk about high level necromancer skillz!

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus
        Van2112 -
        Would be awesome to see this updated sometime. Thanks. -V