Tiago Apolonia recovering from surgery in Germany

Where has Portugal's Tiago Apolonia been lately? Tiago has slowly been recovering in Kessingpark clinic in Ausgburg, Germany after a meniscus surgery he had on his knee last week. According to the ettu.org, Apolonia is recovering fast and doing well.

Tiago Apolonia reported, "During the match against Chuang Chih Yuan at the recent Qatar World Tour Open 2012 I was injured. I had no choice but to under go this operation. The injury required surgery".

tiagoinjury2.jpg

Tiago Apolonia - photo by: tibhar.de

Tiago Apolonia was asked how long his injury would take until full recover.. "I should be fit within 6 to 8 weeks and I will be monitored on a daily basis which is great". Portugal still have not named who will represent the Men's Singles at the London 2012 Olympics. Due to this injury Tiago Apolonia will miss the European qualifications held in Luxemburg. Apolonia went on to say, "My aim is to be ready for the World qualifications".

Photos below taken from Apolonia's facebook page

tiagoinjury1.jpg

tiagoinjury.jpg

Tiago Apolonia in his best form where he defeated European number 1 Timo Boll in the Men's Singles final at the Austrian Open 2010 final!

We wish you all the best in your aid to recovery Tiago Apolonia!

TableTennisDaily

Source - ettu.org