The fourth day of practice for the Chinese National Team at the Werner Schlager Academy (WSA) has now come to a close.

Read the full article here on the ittf.com

chinawsaday41.jpg

Below are snippets taken from Donn Olsen report on day 4 at the Werner Schlager Academy

Two Honoured Guests

Two honoured guests joined the session today, the two players to enhance the match preparation were India's Kamal Achanta and Andrej Gacina. Kamal faced Xu Xin and Andrej faced World number 1 Ma Long!

Kamal was interviewed at the end of the match and Achanta expressed, “I was surprised they asked me to play, it was not in the schedule. It is a big privilege for me to be here and really nice to play. Achanta was than asked on the sets he played against Xu Xin. Of course, we (India) will not play them (the Chinese) because we are in the 2nd division, but they know me from the Asian Games. My partner, Saha Suhajit and I beat Ma Lin and Zhang Yike in doubles there, so there is some respect there and I had some good singles matches against them too_Of course, they are much better but this helps me a lot to move up in my ranking level.”

Andrej Gacina commented at the end of the game against Ma Long, “It is a great pleasure to play. The Chinese are very good, but I played good against him. OK, he won 5 to 1 in games, but all were good games. I felt real quality from him.

Photos below of the day's training

chinawsaday4.jpg

chinawsaday45.jpg

chinawsaday42.jpg

chinawsaday43.jpg

chinawsaday44.jpg

chinawsaday46.jpg

chinawsaday47.jpg

chinawsaday48.jpg

For more photos and news of the Chinese National team preparing for the World Team Championships at the Werner Schlager Academy click here

TableTennisDaily

Source: ITTF.com