Today on the 22nd May 2012 the Bristish Olympic Association have announced the three male and three female representatives for Great Britain at the London 2012 Olympic Games. In the men's category Paul Drinkhall (22) will lead the team as he will represent GB in the singles. Drinkhall (pictured below) has recently regained his top 100 ranking in the world and has a silver medal at the World Junior Championships. Followed in the team is Liam Pitchford (18) who will join Team GB in the team event. Over the last few years Pitchford (pictured below) has come on leaps and bounds having beat four players in the top 100 of the world at the recent European Championships. 29 year old and three times English Men's Singles Champion Andrew Baggaley will complete the men's British squad and join Team GB in the team event.

teamgbdrinkhallpitch.jpg

Paul Drinkhall (left) & Liam Pitchford (right) photo by: ETTA

In the women's team English National Champion Joanna Parker (25) will represent Team GB in the singles event with Kelly Sibley (24) and Na Liu (29) joining Joanna in the womens team event.

Men

Andrew Baggaley
Paul Drinkhall
Liam Pitchford

Women

Na Liu
Joanna Parker
Kelly Sibley

As cited by teamgb.com this brings the Great British athletes officially selected for Team Gh to a total of 107 across nine sports including table tennis, athletics, boxing, canoe, slalom, hockey, swimming, sailing and synchronised swimming.

The present table tennis athletes were nominated to the BOA for selection to Team GB by the British Table Tennis Federation, the National Governing Body for table tennis in the UK.

In addition, Adidas is working with Team GB to ensure that the kit is going to make them the best prepared Team GB table tennis players ever. Adidas has been working with British athletes to provide them with the most technologically advanced kit ever, ensuring that the sports men and women competing at the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games will be the most prepared British team of all time. The table tennis apparel has been specifically designed to deal with the demands of such a fast-paced and demanding sport. Likewise, the footwear that adidas have designed specifically for table tennis is the lightest it has ever produced.

drinkhalladidas.jpg

Paul Drinkhall in Adidas apparel - photo by: ETTA

Like and tweet our articles to the World Lets spread the word of Table Tennis.

TableTennisDaily

says Played Table Tennis since i was a kid, played for both...
says Played Table Tennis since i was a kid, played for both...
Mar 2012
As much as i would like a team GB, non qualified in any of the qualifying tourneys, surely they are taking the place of players who came close!!!!
Will they get very far, i some how doubt it

says Where will table tennis be in the future? And what ideas...
says Where will table tennis be in the future? And what ideas...
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
As much as i would like a team GB, non qualified in any of the qualifying tourneys, surely they are taking the place of players who came close!!!!
Will they get very far, i some how doubt it

yea i get what you mean, but they are the home nation so you definately have to have them, and to be fair they have all had good wins against some of the best in the world! Looking at it from the other point of view other countries have far weaker players than England as it jsut depended on what region they qualified from.