Michael Maze speaks out after losing in the quarter final of the London 2012 Olympics!

Michael Maze expressed his heartache on a message update on his website after losing to Dimtrij Ovtcharov in the quarter-final of the London 2012 Olympics. Maze expressed on his website (message seen below) how he was gutted to miss out on the semi-finals with a defeat 9-11 - in the 7th and final set.

mazeheartachelondon2012.jpg

Michael Maze vs Dimitrij Ovtcharov QF London 2012 Olympics Photo by: Bernd Thissen dpa

Michael Maze's message below taken from his website

Hi everyone,

I am now back from the Olympic Games in London.

I was so hard to face the reality that I lost to Dimitrij Ovtcharov in the quarter finals at the Olympic Games. It is actually difficult to stay positive after missing out the semi-finals with a defeat 9-11- in the 7th and final set. Unfortunately, the game was more exciting than pretty!

The quality of the game was very variable and especially the 7th set was very nervous. It is often that nerves take over in the 7th set and it is not there you play your best. I was very excited, but able to control it most of the way.

I am trying to be proud of being among the 8 best players and I think that I have proved that I am back after my injuries. I cannot use this right now – but in a month or 2 I can look back at the Olympic Games and be proud of my achievements.

Even though I did not go all the way, I had a great time at the Olympic. Huge thanks to the organizers for a great experience and a fantastic event. You could really feel the great atmosphere and everyone was very proud of the event. And the spectators were just amazing!

Maybe I will be back in 2016 in Rio. I will do my best to be there!

All the best

Michael

To watch the match between Michael Maze and Dimitrij Ovtcharov click here

Like and tweet our articles to the World. Lets spread the word of Table Tennis.

TableTennisDaily