Michael Maze: “I am here to win the European Championships on home soil!”

A day before the European Championships 2012 began, host nations Michael Maze was oozing with confidence. Michael won the European Chapionships back in 2009 and is looking to clinch another gold in his home country Denmark.

mazeeuro2012win.jpg

Michael Maze - Photo by: Lomaev

Since Michael Maze's recent performance at the London 2012 Olympic Games it seems Maze's confidence is back since his injury that set him back two years after his European Mens Singles Title in 2009. The Danish star reached the quarter final of the London Olympic Games and made a clear statement to all in an interview expressing, "I'm here to win!."

As cited on the ETTU.org website Maze stated...

London gave him new confidence. “In London, I think proved to myself and my opponents that I am back in the game. I played really well against MIZUTANI who ranked 5th in the World in London. Jun has been one of the most consistent players in the past years and even though I do not think I reached my best in the quarter final against OVTCHAROV, we still had a very close match in seven games and 11-9 in the last game. I made a few bad decisions in the last set and lost at the end,” said MAZE.

However painful it was, the defeat helped MAZE. “That defeat still hurt but it showed me that I can still perform well against the best players even when I do not play at my best. That is very important to have on my mind during the championships in Herning,” Michael MAZE said.

ETTU TV powered by LAOLA1.tv will be streaming the best of the action from table one LIVE and FREE as well as on-demand action from table one and two after the matches have been played here: http://ettu.laola1.tv

For more news, videos and more on the European Championships 2012 click here

Like and tweet our articles to the World. Lets spread the word of Table Tennis.

TableTennisDaily