Sharath Kamal Achanta Has Signed For Borussia Dusseldorf!

It has been announced that India’s Sharath Kamal Achanta will be joining Borussia Dusseldorf as their new player for the season 2013/2014 and has signed a one year contract. The club said how Achanta had arrived in Germany to replace Christian Suss who has a knee injury and will need around six months to recover, they also commented on how this will help them avoid getting into situations like they experienced in 2011/2012 with Timo Boll, Christian Suss and Patrick Baum all having injuries. Full news from this years German League.

achantadusseldorf.jpg

Sharath Achanta - Photo by: Ian Walton/Getty Images AsiaPac

Sharath Kamal Achanta stated that his signing with the club is by far the biggest step of his career so far and that he feels not only proud but honoured to be part of this team.

Achanta has competed in European leagues since 2006, for four years he played for Spanish team San Sebatsian before arriving into the Bundesliga in 2010 where he competed for TSV Grafelfing. Last season he was part of the Werder Bremen club; currently he was without a club due to his Italian club Sirecussa withdrawing from its national league.

Borussia’s manager Andreas Preuss commented on Achanta’s signing “We have signed an experienced player with Kamal and he will be an asset to the team in the new season, currently we are unaware of when Christian Suss will be back to full fitness to play again and we want to make sure we enter the new season with a strong team. Kamal will bring stability to the team with him being in the top 100 ranking for many years he has much experience in international events”,

Danny Heister the Borussian coach also had some words for Achanta “Kamal fits into the team perfectly well he is a good person, a fighter and a team player. He lives for table tennis and will make the team stronger which provides us with many tactics possibilities”.

“This signing for me is huge and I am so proud to be a part of this club, the best in Europe this is a huge step for my playing career and playing alongside Timo Boll, Christian Suss and Patrick Baum is a proud moment for me” stated Sharath Kamal Achanta.

Like and tweet our articles to the World. Lets spread the word of Table Tennis.
Source: TableTennisTa
Written by: Emily Standing
TableTennisDaily