Ding Ning Qualifies For The 2013 World Championships!

After missing her chances in the World Championship squad trials the world number one has finally qualified for the upcoming 2013 World Table Tennis Championships in Paris in May. The Chinese superstar overcame Chen Meng and Zhu Yuling in the fight for the fifth slot in the line up for Paris in the Chinese Women's WTTC Trials

dingningparis.jpg

Whilst the Korean Open took place in Incheon last week the Chinese women’s team had their third World Championship squad trials where Ding Ning, Chen Meng, Zhu Yuling and Wen Jia competed for that crucial fifth spot. Ding Ning worked hard in her matches proving her worth, in her first match she defeated Chen Meng in three straight sets (12-10, 11-7, 11-7) Ding Ning then faced a more challenging match as she managed to have a tight three games to two win over Zhu Yuling (9-11, 11-6, 11-5, 7-11, 11-8).

Ding Ning commented after the match “I am ecstatic with my performance today as the competition was not easy, especially in the finals against Zhu Yuling who really gave her all and played well but I managed to overcome the challenge and win the match. I am extremely happy with myself today”

It was reported the day before the scheduled match that Ding Ning had a small injury from training however Ding Ning said she could not use this as an excuse not to fight or to lose and so insisted on playing “ I think injuries are a common and normal thing for all athletes and even if I was to lose the match I cannot use my injury as an excuse if I lose then I lose it’s that simple I just need to keep a positive attitude to face it and currently I am still confident with my strength”.

With Ding Ning now a definite to be present at the upcoming 2013 World Table Tennis Championships she will be looking to defend her title, however it will be very interesting to see if she is able to do so with some tough competitors also looking to take home the title.

Li Xiaoxia, Liu Shiwen, Wu Yang, Hu Limei, Ding Ning and Zhu Yuling now already qualified for WTTC 2013, the last place will selected by coaches

Like and tweet our articles to the World. Lets spread the word of Table Tennis.
Source: TableTennisTa &
Written by: Emily Standing
TableTennisDaily