With the world watching the World Table Tennis Championships, Germany's TTF Liebherr Ochsenhausen announced it's new signing on 17th May 2013, 'Simon Gauzy'. Simon will be a new addition alongside Ryu Seung Min, Kirill Skachkov and Liam Pitchford.

gauzysigns.jpg

Simon Gauzy - Photo by: Roscher

For the past three years Gauzy had a contract with French club Levallois , he has also previously spent time in Ochsenhausen and so is quite familiar with the Sparkassen-TT-performance centre. “Ochsenhausen is very different to Paris it is very quiet, I really like it as the people there are very nice and all players and hard workers I look forward to living and training there evry soon”.

Simon Gauzy will first spend some time in China where he will complete some of his league games before making the move to Ochsenhausen in June, he commented on why he is looking forward to the move “I want to play in the Bundesliga because it is the strongest league in Europe and Ochsenhausen is one of the top competing teams, It will be great for me to play in the team with Ryu who is such a world class player, Liam and kirill are also great players and great guys to get along with. As a team I think we can do very well together”.

“This is a dream come true for me, I want to improve and succeed with the team” He added, when asked about his strengths and weaknesses he commented “My backhand flip is feared by many players and in general my backhand is better than my forehand for sure, I feel everything must improve as nothing is really considered perfect”.

Like and tweet our articles to the World. Lets spread the word of Table Tennis.
Source: ttbl.de
Written by: Emily Standing
TableTennisDaily

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
This will surely reduce the amount of matches for Liam Pitchford im afraid. Gauzy is talented and able to suprise big players. Im personally not really a fan of him, I don't know the guy but he doesn't seem to be a good sport. Not that I know the rest of the players personally, but for example Timo Boll is clearly very sportive when winning or losing, always taking time for fans. I hope Simon Gauzy can change my opinion! ;)