Chuang Chih-Yuan & Chen Chien-An Are This Years Men's Doubles World Champions!

Sunday 18th May 2013 saw a first for Chinese Taipei when they managed to win their first ever title at a World Championships when seventh seeds Chen Chien-An and Chuang Chih-Yuan claimed the Men’s doubles title at the 2013 LIEBHERR World Table Tennis Championships in Paris. Highlights below of the match unfolding.

chuangchenworldchamps2013.jpg

Chuang Chih-Yuan commented “It is the first time for Chinese Taipei and I cannot find the words to explain how special it was to stand on the podium and hear the anthem playing”.

The talented duo was able to overcome the number one seeds Ma Lin and Hao Shuai in the final in a hard fought six games (9-11, 12-10, 11-6, 13-11, 9-11, 11-8).

Chen Chien-An also added “At the beginning of the match I was very nervous but I was able to settle down and start to play my own game”.

Congratulations to Chuang Chih-Yuan & Chen Chien-An becoming this years World Men's Doubles Champions!

For all the latest news, results and videos from the World Championships click here. To catch up on all the latest highlighted matches from the World Championships visit our Media Library.

Like and tweet our articles to the World. Lets spread the word of Table Tennis.
Source and Photos: ITTF.com & International Table Tennis Federation Facebook Page
Written by: Emily Standing
TableTennisDaily