Paul Drinkhall Inspired And Buzzing For The 2015 Baku European Games!

Great Britain’s Paul Drinkhall is heading to Baku to compete in the 2015 European Games, it has been an incredible year for the 25 year old as his team Nodo Ekeren were winners of the Belgium league, also he managed to reach the Russian Open final overcoming two players which are ranked top ten in the world.

pauljo2015.jpg

Paul Drinkhall - Photo by: Paul Drinkhall's Facebook Pag

Drinkhall also made history as he became the first British player in 18 years to win an ITTF World Tour singles event, as he clinched the title at the Spanish Open. However the most important event for him by far is that he has recently become the proud father to newborn baby boy Douglas.

When talking to the Gazette Live website about his new son he said “I am buzzing at the moment, and can’t stop smiling”. The 25 year old who is married to fellow British table tennis player Joanna Drinkhall believes that fatherhood will have a positive effect on his game.

“Being a parent will of course add some pressure, but I believe that the pressure will push me, I think that the first twelve months will be a challenge as I will need to learn how to balance everything. This has only changed my life for the better and will push me when working towards Rio”.

When talking about the European Games he said “I have never been close to winning a European Championships before, but I know I have the game to do it, it’s just about putting it all together on the day”

We wish Paul Drinkhall the best of luck at the upcoming European Game sin Baku. You can watch him in formidable form against European number 1 Dimitrij Ovtcharov below.

For all the latest news, results and videos from the European Games you can follow all the action on TableTennisDaily here.

Like and tweet our articles to the World. Lets spread the word of Table Tennis.
Source: Gazette Live website & baku2015.com
TableTennisDaily