Jung Youngsik and Ai Fukuhara Are The 2015 Korean Open Champions! (VIDEOS)

On Sunday 5th July Jung Youngsik was able to claim the Men’s singles title at the 2015 Korea Open, meaning that he was able to leave the tournament as the most successful player having already been crowned champion in the men’s doubles event with teammate Kim Minseok.

Full results plus videos below.

jungyoungsik2015korea.jpg

Jung Youngsik champion of the 2015 Korea Open!

Men's Singles

Jung Youngsik was faced with his older teammate Joo Saehyuk in the final of the men’s singles event, the 23 year old player was able to play well throughout the match and managed to overcome his opponent in five sets (11-9, 11-1, 9-11, 11-9, 11-8).

Jung Youngsik commented on his win “It is an unbelievable feeling to be crowned champion in my home country, my confidence has risen ever since my victory in the Australian Open earlier this year which was my first every ITTF World Title and I now believe that I am good enough to be winning these big events.”

Women's Singles

Meanwhile in the Women’s singles event it was Ai Fukuhara who was crowned champion in Incheon on Sunday.
In the final stage of the competition 26 year old Ai Fukuhara was faced with her younger teammate Mima Ito who at the age of 14 is becoming a difficult opponent for many senior players. Although Mima Ito fought hard, Fukuhara was able to claim the match in four straight sets (11-6, 11-7, 12-10, 11-4).

Ai Fukuhara commented on her performance during the final “Playing against Mima Ito is not like playing against any other 14 year old as she is at a much higher level. Today I wanted to show that I was still one of the best women players in Japan and I am still ahead of all these young talented players. I was happy that I was able to play very well today and win comprehensively however it was not an easy match”.

Congratulations to Jung Youngsik and Ai Fukuhara winning this year's Korea Open ITTF World Tour! For all the latest news, results and videos from the Korea Open click here. To catch up on all the latest highlighted matches from the Korea Open visit our Media Library.

Like and tweet our articles to the World. Lets spread the word of Table Tennis.

Photo & source by: ITTF
Written by: Emily Standing
TableTennisDaily