Dimitrij Ovtcharov and Eliza Samara are the Champions of Europe! (VIDEOS)

Dimitrij Ovtcharov defends his European title defeating Marcos Freitas by 4 sets to 1 at the 2015 European Championships. In the women's singles final Romania's Eliza Samara beat Netherland's Li Jie of in a nail biting 7 sets with scores 11-6, 9-11, 3-11, 11-7, 12-14, 11-4, 11-4.

dimitrijwinseuro2015.jpg

Dimitrij Ovtcharov - Champion of Europe! Photo by: Manfred Schillings

On route to the final Dimitrij Ovtcharov defeated Benedek Olah, Anton Kallberg, Liam Pitchford, Gionis Panagiotis and Tiago Apolonia. In the final Ovcharov secured the title eliminating Marcos Freitas.

Dimitrij Ovtcharov commented on ETTC.org, “It was a wonderful tournament, one of the best I ever played. I want to express my gratitude to the organizers, to the sponsor and all the volunteers who made this tournament ran smoothly,”

Last 16 - Dimitrij Ovtcharov vs Liam Pitchford

Quarter Final - Dimitrij Ovtcharov vs Gionis Panagiotis

Semi Final - Dimitrij Ovtcharov vs Tiago Apolonia

Final - Dimitrij Ovtcharov vs Marcos Freitas

elizasamaraeuro2015.jpg

Eliza Samara - Champion of Europe! Photo by: Elena Eliseeva

Congratulations to Dimitrij Ovtcharov and Eliza Samara winning the European Championships! For all the latest news, results, videos and to follow all the action from the singles event from the European Championships click here. To catch up on all the latest highlighted matches from the world class event visit our Media Library.

Like and tweet our articles to the World. Lets spread the word of Table Tennis.
Source: ETTU.org
TableTennisDaily

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Ovtcharov showed again that he's the best in europe! Even if there were some very close matches he won every of his ones and in the final and semi final he showed that he can also beat the other top seeded players of europe very clear and just giving one set away in this two games