Record holder Timo Boll wins the European Championships for the 6th time! (VIDEO)

Timo Boll is the record holder for the European Championships having secured his sixth Men's Singles Title yesterday! The great champion from Germany showed his class as he overcome Croatia's Tan Ruiwu in the final by 4 sets to 1 with scores 11:2, 11:6, 11:7, 11:13, 11:9.

bollchampioneurope2012.jpg

Timo Boll - Photo by: Remy Gros

Article source of Timo Boll thanks to the ettu.org

Timo Boll joked on the medal podium, “I am sorry you have seeing me so often at the medal rostrum,”. "Today I felt good. I impose my game at the beginning of the final. Latter it becomes little bit difficult.”

Boll on winning against Adrian Crisan in the semi final. “I was better in small details, my service return game was better. I think that was the main reason for my London defeat. Service was too long. I changed it here.”

Men's Singles Final

Men's Singles Semi Final

Did you miss any action from this fantastic event? Catch up with all the latest matches in our Media Library

Like and tweet our articles to the World. Lets spread the word of Table Tennis.

TableTennisDaily

M51

says Poly balls still suck.

M51

says Poly balls still suck.
Sep 2012
I miss the good old days when these tournaments had stiff competition. Waldner, Saive, Primorac, Rosskopf, Gatien, Persson... There was no such thing as "lonely at the top". Everyone had a shot at the title, and that made it more thrilling, IMO.

Timo Boll is like Ussain Bolt of European TT. Roger Federer at least had his Rafa Nadal, and Leo Messi has Cristiano Ronaldo... Boll having an arch-rival would be good for the game. Too bad Michael Maze wasn't up to the task.