14%

86%

0%

0%

0%
Overall rating
4.14 star(s) 7 ratings

Item details

One of the world's most popular rubbers. Sriver was introduced in 1967. Since than many World and European Champions have won their titles with this formidable rubber. The uniqueness about this rubber is the hard and spinny surface with a medium/hard sponge makes this a great choice for all round attacking players. Butterfly's most popular rubber, Sriver.

Latest reviews

Pros
  • Solid
  • Last long
  • For new players
Cons
  • Outdated no new>
  • Technologies
  • slow for plastic
This rubber is an all time classic. It is cheap compared to modern rubbers, but still does the job. It won't play like today's rubber, since sriver doesn't use spring sponge, high tension and so on. If you are looking for a rubber that is cheap whilst still having high quality then this is it. This rubber is very good for beginners and allround players, due to its high control and easy to use feeling. Definitely a classic that shouldn't be underestimated.
Speed
Spin
Durability
Control
I'm an intermediate player, sriver is excellent ! After testing tenergy and others last generation rubber, I finally ends up with sriver ! Good allround rubber, not as fast or spinny like tensor rubber but has more control, more dwell Time, more controlled shots, less bounciness than tensor ! You have to put your own power to generate the speed and spin, which is good to develop your strengh and techniques.
No boost and speed glue needed.
I pair it with a allround+ blade and I can still play powerful shot far from table
Pros
  • Control
  • Speed glue
Cons
  • Old
  • needs speed glue
Sriver is a good rubber for offensive players and was very popular during the speed glue era. It's an offensive rubber for advanced players who prefer control before power, the rubber is not that fast. The rubber is made for the old ball and to get full use of the rubber you should use speed glue. I got some good memories playing with Sriver in my earlier days and it really makes me miss the speed glue era.
Speed
Spin
Durability
Control
Pros
  • All rounded
  • Easy to control
  • Different gears
The rubber is overall very good in terms of all play styles, it is a very good starting rubber for backhand or forehand regardless to help you with the development of strokes and technique. The flicking especially is very good in terms of my experience and provides a good opening to my attack and service receive. Blocking is very good with this rubber as it is controlled.
Speed
Spin
Durability
Control
I am an intermediate level player so this a great rubber for me! I really like the control and speed of the rubber. I was hoping for a bit more spin but I think the poly ball has a lot to do with the spin. Overall a great rubber for a beginner like me to work on control and form.
Speed
Spin
Durability
Control
Pros
  • Durability
  • Good control
  • Easy to use
Cons
  • A bit slow
Sriver is good rubber for people starting out in table tennis, it along with Mark V were extremely popular and and are still popular now, they are both an extremely nice and easy to use rubber that will always be popular among people learning to play table tennis.
Speed
Spin
Durability
Control
Pros
  • Control
  • Improve tech.
  • Good for inter.
Cons
  • Speed
The good old Sriver! This rubber was the most popular rubber when it first came out. The tenergy equivalent going back 15 plus years in the speed glue days.

I would suggest this rubber for a beginner/intermediate player. This is an ideal rubber for the player looking to improve their game and to help develop a good technique whilst still offering a good combination of speed, spin and control.

I find too many players that have not 'ingrained' their technique and who have not been playing long will buy the fastest rubbers like tenergy which slows down their progression in their technique as the rubber is doing all the work. However, sriver is a good choice for the progressive player as it will give you good control whilst allowing you to improve your technique, performance and overall understanding of the game.