75%

25%

0%

0%

0%
Overall rating
4.75 star(s) 4 ratings

Item details

The rubber for the ambitioned player striving to play topspin strokes in any situation. The new technology combined with the ultra soft rubber surface provides an outstanding spin and a great playing sensation, allowing a secured and aggressive game. The integrated SPI (Speedglue-Effect-Inside) technology confers an extreme catapult reaction to the ball. Although you will use very little strength, your balls will be loaded with a lot of spin and speed. The exclusive rubber surface confers stability and a long-life-expectancy. Notice the energy of this rubber after only few exchanges.

Latest reviews

Pros
  • Spinny
  • Very Direct
  • Hard Rakza
Cons
  • Heavy
  • Predictable
I used this rubber last April and it was glued on a Tibhar Kim Jung Hoon blade along with a 5Q VIP for the backhand side. I waited for a week before I can use my new setup because I was on my OJT during that time. During the initial inspection the Aurus looks and feels like a harder Rakza 7 rubber. A week has passed and it was time to use my new beast.

During drillings the rubber felt hard at contact but the speed was there. I tried to brush the ball but I didn't feel that I spun the ball however my blocker said that the ball was heavy. I also felt that the Aurus pairs well with the very controlled KJH blade because the feel and control was there.

I used my new setup in a match and what I found was:
- The rubber is very unforgiving and demands you to be in position always
- It is hard to use when hitting lobbed balls
- It feels that it can't "grip" the poly ball well
- Service is very low
- Lifting underspin demands perfect timing but very rewarding
- Blocking is perfect because the ball returns low
- The rubber is very direct
- Well timed forehands are killers and can end the point outright

Overall my initial hunch was right that it feels like a harder Rakza rubber with a higher gear for those finishers. The balls produced with Aurus are fast, spinny (although Rakza is slightly spinner due to the dwell). and very direct (yes pinpoint direct and predictable). I wish to try the poly ball version of Aurus which is the Prime and Select version because what bugs me the most is the Aurus' performance with the poly ball.
Speed
Spin
Durability
Control
Personally i like it better than my acuda s1 on the forehand.firmer,spinnier and faster than acuda s1.Control is above average. Good for both looping and drive rallies.
Speed
Spin
Durability
Control
Pros
  • fast
  • controllable
The TIBHAR Aurus rubber is very good, it is very fast yet controllable. We really like this rubber as it suits playing 4er-Tisch very well!

Excellent, I give it 5 stars!
Speed
Spin
Durability
Control
Pros
  • Controlable
  • Very Durable
  • Great Spin/Gears
Cons
  • Not a Rocket
Aurus is truly a modern Swiss Army Knife for players on the warpath in TT battle.

Aurus is a modern version of an offensive control rubber. In the older days, we had really slow, but controlable rubbers that had gears (Think Sriver) and in modern times, we demand a lot more performance from our rubbers, because we are not supposed to speedglue or tune our rubber. Therefore, we demand glued performance straight fromm the package. Since there is no TRUE glued rubber right out of the package, we of course have comprimises. Aurus will not give you 100% glue feel or glue spin. It WILL, howver, give you a lot of gears and spin and control at a medium fast control able pace on most shots with a decent top end.

Speed and spin ratings are difficult to assign numbers to and the same player may use a different stroke in a different situation with the same rubber and the speed/spin will be all different. It is difficult for different reviewers to all think the same way and use the same convention the same way consistently, so everyone should take it all with a grain of salt.

That is what is good about TTD Dan's Video reviews is that he tests the performance of the rubber/blade in several dynamic common situations for offensive players, such as opening vs underspin, re-looping, counter hit, smash, serve, loop vs dead ball, slow heavy topspin, fast loop, flick just to name almost a common dozen.

Aurus has a very hard sponge, but a very supple, grippy topspheet that will give you the impression of a much softer rubber. Overall, it is not as fast as the fastest rubbers, but it has more gears accross the range and much more control in manyu of them. Remember, to get absoulute top end speed, you give something up. Aurus is not as reactive to spin as some rubbers and combined with the elastic topsheet and hard sponge, you have suprisingly good control on slow tocuh shots in the short game and that same topsheet helps you in faster passive shots like a push deep at opponent.

It is stable on flat hits (but not absolute super high end pace) and smashes. On counterloops, it will grab the ball and give it back with what you give it, the rubber is very linear there. On a fast loop vs a push, you get some catapult added to your shot to go along with a boatload of spin. Varying the spin is easier with Aurus over the average rubber.

If you play everyday for hours at a time, this rubber will not let you down. It lasts WAY longer than the favored Tenergy rubbers we all love. I usually get 300+ hours out of it. many modern rubbers make you want to rip off the rubber after 100-150 hours. Many dont even make it that long. This rubber can be found at half the cost of top end expensive modern rubbers (if you look for a sale) and the price performance ratio of this rubber is among the best you will find.

Der_Echte ;)
Speed
Spin
Durability
Control