Alternative to Hurricane 3 Neo

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
Btw Ive been testing out Big Dipper on BH. I know Mocker and some other guys like this setup. Compared to ESN rubbers, it is far less forgiving. So far im not quite used to it as im never sure which angle the ball is going to go at.

But when you hit a clean shot, it is very spinny and powerful on BH.
Yeah. I really like the control it gives in the 38deg. I tried the 39deg as well on BH but it was too hard and fast for me. And as you said, when you hit it right you can get a lot of spin in your shots. I used it on FH as well some years ago, and it works just like H3 but with a softer touch and better control, and nearly the amount of spin that H3 can generate.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I have Rxton 5. Can you describe how you feel about this rubber's characteristics?

I'm also very interested in Arthur China. What do you think about this one?

I was planning on doing a equipment review.
Photos all taken, sampling on equipment done, just didn't have time to put everything together.

Arthur China has more spin and speed to Rxton 5
both have less spin to Hurricane 3 provincial blue sponge
due to less spin, the arc is more linear.

Both rubbers are very easy to block with, due to its bounciness. Much easier than my Hurricane 8-80 for example
Both are fast (AC faster).

Arthur China is a bit more expensive, I need to still boost them to see how it plays.
Rxton 5 is very well priced, and for its price, it is a very good to have rubber for almost peanuts.

Both only come in 1 hardness (I have a detailed Loki rubber/blade comparison matrix, will include the data on my review when I have the time).
Both top sheet isn't that "sticky". The tack is good enough for spin, but not as high as H3 (above) that would allow.

I tried them on a 7ply wood blade (V7) and 5+2 ALC blade (W81 Pro).

Reactions: mocker88
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I was planning on doing a equipment review.
Photos all taken, sampling on equipment done, just didn't have time to put everything together.

Arthur China has more spin and speed to Rxton 5
both have less spin to Hurricane 3 provincial blue sponge
due to less spin, the arc is more linear.

Both rubbers are very easy to block with, due to its bounciness. Much easier than my Hurricane 8-80 for example
Both are fast (AC faster).

Arthur China is a bit more expensive, I need to still boost them to see how it plays.
Rxton 5 is very well priced, and for its price, it is a very good to have rubber for almost peanuts.

Both only come in 1 hardness (I have a detailed Loki rubber/blade comparison matrix, will include the data on my review when I have the time).
Both top sheet isn't that "sticky". The tack is good enough for spin, but not as high as H3 (above) that would allow.

I tried them on a 7ply wood blade (V7) and 5+2 ALC blade (W81 Pro).
Which rubber is arthur china most similar to in speed? Big dipper? K3?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Yeah. I really like the control it gives in the 38deg. I tried the 39deg as well on BH but it was too hard and fast for me. And as you said, when you hit it right you can get a lot of spin in your shots. I used it on FH as well some years ago, and it works just like H3 but with a softer touch and better control, and nearly the amount of spin that H3 can generate.
I think I need more time to get used to BD on backhand. Yesterday I tried it with 1 light layer of booster. I found that BD was quite sensitive to spin on my BH. Alot of times my shots would either go long or into the net, and I didn't have a good sense of when it was going to do what.

But I found that it gripped the ball really well and was good for opening loops.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Well after adding 1 more layer of boosting and trying BD backhand again, I'm getting more used to it. When you punch hard through the rubber, it has that powerful shotgun feeling. The ball seems fast and heavy. Honestly it reminds me a lot of Dignics 09c. The way the 2 rubbers play on BH is really quite similar in my opinion.

I would say its quite a high-skill level rubber to use on BH. I can really see why its intended use was for FH. It's far less forgiving than the typical ESN rubber like G1 or MXP or anything.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
After more practice, im thinking if I should continue with this setup. 2 things are clear, the offensive potential is high, but the foregiveness is very low. The 41d fh and 38d backhand setup is really for quite advance player. I feel its really more advanced than Im ready for.

I make more errors than Im used to making with a more forgiving setup. Also, Chinese rubber 38 is different from esn 50. Nominally they are the same hardness, but Chinese rubber is less forgiving.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
Read 1 reviews
Hi,

I've used H3N, but don't recollect being bothered so much, by the smell..

Anyway, the following are not exactly like H3N, but are similar'ish

• 729 Battle II Pro
  • 729 Bloom Power
  • Sanwei Target National
  • Yinhe Big Dipper (Original Version)

Sorry but Bloom Power, Big Dipper and Battle not similar to H3neo. Not even close. Totally different rubbers. About Target don't know, never had it.

Reactions: Tony's Table Tennis
just got word from my friend that he received the order from tabletennisonly.com which was yinhe jupiter 2 on both sides so i'll give my opinions on that once i get the blade from spinfactory.de since there are issues with checking out through the webpage so we're working on a invoice via email

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
Sorry but Bloom Power, Big Dipper and Battle not similar to H3neo. Not even close. Totally different rubbers. About Target don't know, never had it.
I have to disagree here. I feel that Bloom Power and Battle II Pro are very similar to H3/H3N rubbers. Big Dipper is a bit softer/bouncier and STN harder, but although quite similar in grip, speed and function to H3/H3N rubbers. But we're all individuals :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
I have to disagree here. I feel that Bloom Power and Battle II Pro are very similar to H3/H3N rubbers. Big Dipper is a bit softer/bouncier and STN harder, but although quite similar in grip, speed and function to H3/H3N rubbers. But we're all individuals :)
Bloom Power and B2 Provincial are not that similar to H3/H3N ;)
Bloom Power is much softer (afaik only 45 °ESN and 47 °ESN available, can't remember which version I got) than my usual H3s. Has lower throw but more tackiness and lacks power (and spin) on high power shots due to the softer sponge.
B2P also has lower throw and more tackiness but it's faster than H3 on medium power shots but also a bit less spinny. H3 provides (me) a bit more safety/clearance over the net than B2P. B2P can be more dangerous for the opponents but (for me) with less margin for error.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
Bloom Power and B2 Provincial are not that similar to H3/H3N ;)
Bloom Power is much softer (afaik only 45 °ESN and 47 °ESN available, can't remember which version I got) than my usual H3s. Has lower throw but more tackiness and lacks power (and spin) on high power shots due to the softer sponge.
B2P also has lower throw and more tackiness but it's faster than H3 on medium power shots but also a bit less spinny. H3 provides (me) a bit more safety/clearance over the net than B2P. B2P can be more dangerous for the opponents but (for me) with less margin for error.
Yeah. Well I have the 47deg Bloom Power, and it's about the same feeling that I get from H3 41deg. Not exactly the same, but I would say that the BP47deg is fairly close. But you don't get that H3-kick in the same way. Actually I haven't tried any rubber that gives that kick in the same way as H3. That's a bit strange ...

Comparing with the B2P I feel that the B2P has a bit softer touch and gives a little bit more control, and of course lacks that kick... :(

But it's all individual, so I'm not saying that you're totally wrong ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
Yeah. Well I have the 47deg Bloom Power, and it's about the same feeling that I get from H3 41deg. Not exactly the same, but I would say that the BP47deg is fairly close. But you don't get that H3-kick in the same way. Actually I haven't tried any rubber that gives that kick in the same way as H3. That's a bit strange ...

Comparing with the B2P I feel that the B2P has a bit softer touch and gives a little bit more control, and of course lacks that kick... :(

But it's all individual, so I'm not saying that you're totally wrong ;)

That's the problem with TT equipment. Much personal preference and no (widely) available ways to measure differences objectively.

B2P boosted or not: both. Throw angle got better but still less than H3.
Bloom Power (sponge) hardness: felt softer than 38° or 39° Shore A which both 729 and DHS use. DHS uses this scale for all rubbers but 729 not for all (variants). Commercial B2 are offered in 45/47/49 but all provincial versions with 38/39/40. The Presto Spin and Spin Max that I tried (42° and 46°) felt similar in hardness to ESN rubbers in that range. That's all I can say...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I haven't tried bloom power before

what kind of "more powerful" do you rate it over H3?
I would say on 50% and 70% drives and loops, comparing both rubbers unboosted Bloom Power is a lot faster.

I think only on the hardest 90% power shots does H3 approach Bloom Power's overall velocity.

So to me, unboosted, Bloom is a faster and easier rubber to use. If you boosted 3 layers on both, I think the speed difference would close somewhat, but i think Bloom would always be a bit faster.

Said another way, if i had 3 weeks to train for a match to save my baby's life, i would pick Bloom Power over H3

Saya akan mengatakan pada drive dan loop 50% dan 70%, membandingkan kedua karet Bloom Power yang tidak di-boost jauh lebih cepat.

Saya pikir hanya pada tembakan kekuatan 90% yang paling sulit H3 mendekati kecepatan keseluruhan Bloom Power.

Jadi bagi saya, tanpa dukungan, Bloom adalah karet yang lebih cepat dan lebih mudah digunakan. Jika Anda meningkatkan 3 lapisan pada keduanya, menurut saya perbedaan kecepatan akan sedikit berkurang, tetapi menurut saya Bloom akan selalu sedikit lebih cepat.

Dengan kata lain, jika saya memiliki waktu 3 minggu untuk berlatih pertandingan untuk menyelamatkan nyawa bayi saya, saya akan memilih Bloom Power daripada H3
Menarik