Latest TTD & Dima video

says Rozena! You complete me.
Mar 2021

First off, a massive thank to Dan of TTD for doing this up close and personal video with Dima: My absolute fav player from the Eurozone.

My comment:
1. I did notice how relaxed and in-control Dima is when transitioning between FH & BH. It felt like he has all the time in the world to transition and not feel hurried.
2. Dima's comment on Ma Long's FH is truly a nugget of insight that we amateur players will never get. Check out 4mins 50sec for Dima'c comment on ML's FH.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011

First off, a massive thank to Dan of TTD for doing this up close and personal video with Dima: My absolute fav player from the Eurozone.

My comment:
1. I did notice how relaxed and in-control Dima is when transitioning between FH & BH. It felt like he has all the time in the world to transition and not feel hurried.
2. Dima's comment on Ma Long's FH is truly a nugget of insight that we amateur players will never get. Check out 4mins 50sec for Dima'c comment on ML's FH.
Hmm, that's actually kind of what Ma Long's known for now. He used to be known for looping like a madman on both wings, particularly his FH loop, and was ranked #1 most of the time yet couldn't win the world championship. He added variations to his game and that's when he started his GOAT run. That's his specialty now.

It's most obvious when watching his BH counters. He used to lose many of those in important events, which would cause him to lose confidence in his BH, and he'd subsequently start losing points when people surprise attacked his FH. Since about 2014-15 he started to vary the pace and placement in those counters, and the rest is history.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews

My comment:
And he does those fh/bh transitions with a big grip change. Lots of interesting comments from Dima. Another good one, around the 7 minute mark: "...when it comes down to it where you win or lose is mostly around the service receive game..."

Reactions: jammmail

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews

My comment:

Hey Gozo, glad you enjoyed the video, Dima is a beast and gives away so many gems and insights as you say. Yeah It's fascinating actually how quickly he can transition between backhand and forehand especially with the grip change he has. Even when I blocked him at random I could never ever once catch him off guard. He was there before the ball was even played haha 🤣 It must come down to the sheer amount of training and focus to be so dominant like he is. You never see Dima messing around, he's all or nothing aha!

His comment about Ma Long is fascinating also, variation and deception at that extreme level is key!

And he does those fh/bh transitions with a big grip change. Lots of interesting comments from Dima. Another good one, around the 7 minute mark: "...when it comes down to it where you win or lose is mostly around the service receive game..."

Yeah that was my favourite part of the video to, his comments about the serve/receive. We all know how important this area is, it's just nice to hear it reinforced from such a pro. Lets all get serve practising 😁

Mar 2021
Hello Dan,

I am a fan of Dima. I love the power game and look up to role model that also play the power game.

I also want to bring people's attention at 4mins 05 secs where Dima made a comment and I quote, "Yes, so many people say table-tennis is an easy sport but they haven't seen how hard it is or play it themselves"

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hello Dan,

I am a fan of Dima. I love the power game and look up to role model that also play the power game.

I also want to bring people's attention at 4mins 05 secs where Dima made a comment and I quote, "Yes, so many people say table-tennis is an easy sport but they haven't seen how hard it is or play it themselves"

It doesn't matter how good you are at the sport, everyone will find table tennis tough 😅