Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Wow Dan replaying to my post!! :love::love::love:

I have Mizuno wave medal 4. But they are pretty old now..

View attachment 24293

View attachment 24294

Haha Hey Jeff 🙌

Those trainers are decent yeah. So I currently use the lezolines they are so grippy I've actually fell over before by over gripping 😅 I've played in a lot of different local league venues in the UK with them and haven't had a problem. I guess it depends just how bad the flooring is that you're on?

Reactions: JeffM
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 8 reviews
Haha Hey Jeff 🙌

Those trainers are decent yeah. So I currently use the lezolines they are so grippy I've actually fell over before by over gripping 😅 I've played in a lot of different local league venues in the UK with them and haven't had a problem. I guess it depends just how bad the flooring is that you're on?
Hi Dan! 🙌

This is the flooring. I also fell a few times because they just slip, so then it affects how I play because normally I rely on the gripiness to do a proper forehand loop with my knees, that time I was using more body than legs because of that.

328342322_595687465706688_487540715969251071_n.jpg

Reactions: Dan

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hi Dan! 🙌

This is the flooring. I also fell a few times because they just slip, so then it affects how I play because normally I rely on the gripiness to do a proper forehand loop with my knees, that time I was using more body than legs because of that.

328342322_595687465706688_487540715969251071_n.jpg

I see yeah the floor does look quite varnished almost like a smooth dance floor. It's hard to say really, but I'd say mine would grip on there. Don't want to 100% guarantee it though.

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
As mentioned a few weeks back, I played in a real tournament yesterday. A real tournament as in I had to pay an entrance fee and there are prize money at stake.

I formed a team called H1PS or H1PS-ster as I would like to call ourselves. H1PS stands for Hinoki 1-Ply Shakehand. We are just a bunch of old timer who uses, guess what!

We drove around one hour plus to a neighbouring state / province to play.

Have a look at my video and have some laughs.

Although this tourney is an open event, but 70% of the participants are school going kids in the U15 / U12 category who are enrolled in some TT academy.

p/s I only played in the doubles coz I have no confident of playing in singles.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 8 reviews
I had no table tennis activity on Sunday :(
I have no tt activity but I went to gym to train for the only tt session I will get next week. I trained my quads on the leg extention machine and squats with kettledumbells. It's only when the tt session are so sparse that I start to really value them. I am fairly sure I won't improve much this year but it makes me appreciate each session so much more.

• Love
Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
As mentioned a few weeks back, I played in a real tournament yesterday. A real tournament as in I had to pay an entrance fee and there are prize money at stake.

I formed a team called H1PS or H1PS-ster as I would like to call ourselves. H1PS stands for Hinoki 1-Ply Shakehand. We are just a bunch of old timer who uses, guess what!

We drove around one hour plus to a neighbouring state / province to play.

Have a look at my video and have some laughs.

Although this tourney is an open event, but 70% of the participants are school going kids in the U15 / U12 category who are enrolled in some TT academy.

p/s I only played in the doubles coz I have no confident of playing in singles.
YEEEEEESSSSSSS !!

• Haha
Reactions: Gozo Aruna
says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
YEEEEEESSSSSSS !!
Der,
My team made pass the initial round-robin stage by clinching the second spot due to aggregates / scoring advantage. In the next stage, i.e, the knock-out stage ( R16 ), my team lost to a group of school going kids. Darn! Those rugrats are fast! Darn fast! Sometimes the ball is so fast & spinny that my eyes could not even see it coming.

p/s My next competition is about three hours north in another state / province on the first weekend of March. This is a government organised national multi-sport carnival and I get free transportation & lodgings too as I am representing my own state.

Reactions: Der_Echte
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 8 reviews
View attachment 24314
My second MXP has arrived and I am never gonna give you up ever - Rick Ashley

How do you feel about the MXP Gozo? I bought a piece but never bold enough to try it, always been sticking to H3N. I should one day try the MXP before my piece ages too much already in its package..

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
No actual table tennis playing for me today... but does editing table tennis count?

Just doing the final checks for the Juniors VS Seniors TTD Team ep that will be released for this Friday 🙌🏓

Who do you think wins? Juniors or Seniors? 🔥

1675787695656.png

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
No actual table tennis playing for me today... but does editing table tennis count?

Just doing the final checks for the Juniors VS Seniors TTD Team ep that will be released for this Friday 🙌🏓

Who do you think wins? Juniors or Seniors? 🔥

View attachment 24315
Hard to say - need to know the lineups! :)

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
How do you feel about the MXP Gozo? I bought a piece but never bold enough to try it, always been sticking to H3N. I should one day try the MXP before my piece ages too much already in its package..
Hello JeffM,
1. I am curious why do you say not bold enough to try it? Can you share with me your concern?

2. I am 95% confidence that MXP will be my de-facto FH rubber.

3. Why do I like MXP?
I have tried many rubbers on FH: Donic M1 ( spinny but not trampolin'ish enough ), Andro R48 ( a bit hard for my liking ). Tenergy 05 ( too soft and overly bouncy hence difficult to control ). MXP is just right down my alley. The attribute that I love the most about MXP is its extreme trampoline effect. It bounces the ball back to the other side easily, even when I am out of position. I also love its low throw angle ( from Revspin ). The FH topspin trajectory is low and curvy like a banana, exactly what I like about it as oppose to Donic M1 or Tenergy 05 where they produce a more higher arching loop.

4. What I don't like about MXP
I also tried it for BH use. In my opinion, she is not so suitable because of the low throw angle issue. I find that the ball tend to be riskier low and will not go over the net. A higher percentage of my BH balls do hit the net when using MXP as BH rubber. Remember, it is harder to generate power with BH as compared with FH. For my BH, my de-facto rubber shall be Donic M1 in lieu of the traditional Tenergy 05 simply because of the cost involved. If M1 can do what T05 can for me, then I will not pay that much. It is just pure logic.

I hope my opinion piece her can add value to your TT rubber selection.

I have short-list my FH to be Tibhar's Evolution MXP and Donic Bluefire M1 as my BH. They will probably accompany my TT career until either Tibhar or Donic decide to discontinue them.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 8 reviews
Hello JeffM,
1. I am curious why do you say not bold enough to try it? Can you share with me your concern?

2. I am 95% confidence that MXP will be my de-facto FH rubber.

3. Why do I like MXP?
I have tried many rubbers on FH: Donic M1 ( spinny but not trampolin'ish enough ), Andro R48 ( a bit hard for my liking ). Tenergy 05 ( too soft and overly bouncy hence difficult to control ). MXP is just right down my alley. The attribute that I love the most about MXP is its extreme trampoline effect. It bounces the ball back to the other side easily, even when I am out of position. I also love its low throw angle ( from Revspin ). The FH topspin trajectory is low and curvy like a banana, exactly what I like about it as oppose to Donic M1 or Tenergy 05 where they produce a more higher arching loop.

4. What I don't like about MXP
I also tried it for BH use. In my opinion, she is not so suitable because of the low throw angle issue. I find that the ball tend to be riskier low and will not go over the net. A higher percentage of my BH balls do hit the net when using MXP as BH rubber. Remember, it is harder to generate power with BH as compared with FH. For my BH, my de-facto rubber shall be Donic M1 in lieu of the traditional Tenergy 05 simply because of the cost involved. If M1 can do what T05 can for me, then I will not pay that much. It is just pure logic.

I hope my opinion piece her can add value to your TT rubber selection.

I have short-list my FH to be Tibhar's Evolution MXP and Donic Bluefire M1 as my BH. They will probably accompany my TT career until either Tibhar or Donic decide to discontinue them.
Thanks for your detailed reply Gozo.

1. It was mainly because all I have ever used for my forehand is chinese rubber. So to switch to a euro rubber would be a big change for me. I also find sticking and cutting rubber time consuming, so I feel I would only make the change if I have lots of time on my hand in case I want to switch back.

But it is on my to do list :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
So I got some Nittaku rubber cleaning sponges a little while ago. I spray some cleaner on my rubber, use the rubbery side to scrub the rubber, then the sponge absorb the extra cleaner. I was very disappointed that the sponge is very poorly absorbent, so I always had a layer of streaks of dried cleaner on my rubber. This was a big change from my other sponge which is by Yasaka.

I then started looking for a different sponge. I was checking them out on prott or ttnpp, which had instructions on how to use these sponges. Turns out you're supposed to use the sponge side to wipe the rubber, then use the rubbery side to scrape off the excess cleaner. I can't believe I've been using the friggin cleaning sponge wrong all these years!

• Haha
Reactions: NextLevel and IB66
says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
Thanks for your detailed reply Gozo.

1. It was mainly because all I have ever used for my forehand is chinese rubber. So to switch to a euro rubber would be a big change for me. I also find sticking and cutting rubber time consuming, so I feel I would only make the change if I have lots of time on my hand in case I want to switch back.

But it is on my to do list :)
It would be a big change definitely. I am sure one of the biggest problem with the switch initially is that you will loop over long. Chinese tacky hard rubber do not have that powerful trampoline effect and you have to generate a lot of own power. With tensor sponge, using the same stroke would most likely overshoot the ball. However, do not slow down your stroke, instead adjust your stroke with a very close angle to prevent overshooting.