Clubs in Japan

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Read 6 reviews
Hi,
I will visit Japan in September/October for 3 weeks (Tokyo and Kyoto). I'll spend most time sightseeing, but I would like to play table tennis at least few times while I am there. I would like to ask if there are any "gaijin friendly" table tennis clubs in Japan ? How much does it cost to play there ? I can speak japanese a little if it helps. Of course I can look it on google, but I am curious about opinions of peaople that actually where in similar situation and found the solution.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Czesc Vrael.

When you're in Kyoto and you're planning to visit Osaka as well, there's a few clubs of interest.

HPC in Namba offers a sort of "open training" time daily: (nishi-namba-tc) for 1600yen, including some 10 minutes coaching.

I heard this newly open club (welljou.jp/acettcosaka) offers some kind of "all-you-can-play" deal, though haven't gotten to actually going over there yet.

The best place, in my opinion, to play evening hours 7-9pm is MT (www8.ocn.ne.jp/~kbmt) where 500yen will get you 2 hours of play against some serious high-level people, depending on the day. It's kinda off city center, though.

Drop me a PM once you know when you're free and willing to come down from Kyoto to Osaka - perhaps we can coordinate to play some. Po polsku tez okej.

Pozdrowienia i udanej podrozy do Japonii!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2015
Are any of these Osaka ones close to Kobe direction ? Or anything good there as I am considering a trip there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Hey, Kobe02.

Depends what you idea of "close" is. Around 30-40 minutes by train from either ACE or HPC. When in Kobe though, check out ppdandy.com right outside the Amagasaki station.

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
do anyone know if their are any club or place to do some training in Nara japan. i will be in japan for couple of week. thanks

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Read 6 reviews
I have found clubs in kyoto on that site. Are there any websites where I could find a sparing parter in Japan for one or two trainings (I don't know anyone there) ? If it is against the rules to post request for links to other forums then I am sorry and please let me know, so I can delete this message

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
mixi.jp/view_community.pl?id=43161

You can try posting in English, many Japanese people would be genuinely curious and willing to practice with a visiting foreigner. You might need to register an account or something like that, though.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Hi guys im reviving an old thread. I'm going back to Osaka next week. I'll be staying near namba. I tried going by myself last year at hpc. Very friendly people. I was wondering if anyone wants to tag along? In getting nervous again

Hi Amuken, I am in Osaka right now, for 2 weeks. Let me know if you are interested in meeting up for some Table Tennis.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
Hi
I can PM me when you are in Tokyo
I usually play in Minato Sports Center near JR Tamachi station.
If you have a good budget I suggest you visit UPTY and book a 1:1 lesson with Sakamoto an ex-pro JNT member www.upty.co.jp
8000 tens per hour but well worth it in my opinion

Reactions: Vrael
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Hi all,

I am a Belgian currently visiting Japan with my girlfriend, Sarah. We're currently in Kyoto and we will probably pass Hokaido for a while before going back to Tokyo. I would love to play for a bit in one of Japan's local clubs if anybody is up for it. I play second division in Spain.
I've also coached for a while and blogged a bit last summer if you want to check out what kind of player I am: alexttbarcelona.wixsite.com

Hope to see somebody soon :)

Kind regards,

Alex