Skyline TG2 Provincial Blue Sponge

This user has no status.
It seems like DHS recently released this new rubber Skyline TG2 Provincial B/S to the mass market.

http://www.dku51.com/article-10814.html

Fk7n2uN2dzoXB6IXFC9XI303iUEm.jpg

I came across this article and was able to find some vendors on jd.com selling this rubber for 248 CNY. They are available in black only and is offered in 2.1 and 2.2 thickness with 39 or 40 degree hardness.

I was wondering if anyone got a hold of this rubber and played with it. In the article it does mention that DHS in the past had typically withheld a lot of sponges used by the professional Chinese players with the exception of Hurricane Provincial and National series. It also mentions that TG had been on a downward trend since 40+ balls and many people have shifted to Hurricane. This seems like a new TG rubber release in a long time and I'm somewhat curious as to how it plays. I realize there have been "national" version of TG for quite some time and prott.vip seems to be selling it as well, although I've never tried any of those.

The article does talk a bit about the characteristics of the rubber, like how it isn't as tacky as Hurricane rubbers and it is easier to penetrate into the sponge. I think TG rubbers have always been like this and I wonder how this new one compares with a lot of the hybrid rubbers offered by other manufactures (Hybrid K1, Golden Tango, Shining Dragon, Genesis, and etc.)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
I wanted to ask the same question too. But I have a feeling the topsheet is still the same TG2 topsheet - hard with short pimples.

DHS should have released it while Xu Xin was most famous around 2015.

It seems like DHS recently released this new rubber Skyline TG2 Provincial B/S to the mass market.

http://www.dku51.com/article-10814.html

View attachment 19340

I came across this article and was able to find some vendors on jd.com selling this rubber for 248 CNY. They are available in black only and is offered in 2.1 and 2.2 thickness with 39 or 40 degree hardness.

I was wondering if anyone got a hold of this rubber and played with it. In the article it does mention that DHS in the past had typically withheld a lot of sponges used by the professional Chinese players with the exception of Hurricane Provincial and National series. It also mentions that TG had been on a downward trend since 40+ balls and many people have shifted to Hurricane. This seems like a new TG rubber release in a long time and I'm somewhat curious as to how it plays. I realize there have been "national" version of TG for quite some time and prott.vip seems to be selling it as well, although I've never tried any of those.

The article does talk a bit about the characteristics of the rubber, like how it isn't as tacky as Hurricane rubbers and it is easier to penetrate into the sponge. I think TG rubbers have always been like this and I wonder how this new one compares with a lot of the hybrid rubbers offered by other manufactures (Hybrid K1, Golden Tango, Shining Dragon, Genesis, and etc.)

This user has no status.
Do we have any comprehensive review of this rubber? Also, I'm not sure if it's exactly the same as the ones that have been sold in the past.

Anyway, I'm tempted to try this rubber. I'm currently really liking my H3 prov BS because of its spin potential but I do miss the feeling of the ball digging into the sponge. I feel like this rubber might offer a mix of both worlds (spin from tackiness and sponge).

says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
Why you just do not mention this earlier ....

This is Not a neo version !! but i prefer Tg2 before Neo

I did bost it with one layer of seamoon i always do .
And it plays like the national which i reallllllllllly like ... this is my top best rubber for me with good price !!!
And i did play also with Hurricane 3 national which i do not like ...i prefer Tg2 for more control .. softer rubber on top then H3N

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
Why you just do not mention this earlier ....

This is Not a neo version !! but i prefer Tg2 before Neo

I did bost it with one layer of seamoon i always do .
And it plays like the national which i reallllllllllly like ... this is my top best rubber for me with good price !!!
And i did play also with Hurricane 3 national which i do not like ...i prefer Tg2 for more control .. softer rubber on top then H3N

Thanks. I'm curious, have you used other rubbers like hurricane series to make a comparison?

Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
H3 neo a long time ago ...
H8 ... this i really liked especially for the elastic rubber on top ... but the weight was to much and also passive block was week .
tg3-60 great rubber for bh but really sensitive to moisture .

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
729_CG_prohibited.jpg

[size=+1]Check your rubber for CG. Beware of the like.[/size]

Last edited:
says Footwork footwork footwork
So is this actually available somewhere from somewhere reputable? Does that proTT.vip link work for anyone else?

Is there a neo version too?

Edit: I got the link to work and I purchased 40deg in 2.2. I will provide some feedback after I test it out against the neo version.

Seems like pretty long shipping estimates from chin... so it may be a while...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Thought I'd update this because I ended up purchasing a sheet from China.

Long story short, I didn't like it and would recommend people to just stick with boosted H3.

So it is worse than TG2 Neo?

This user has no status.
So is this actually available somewhere from somewhere reputable? Does that proTT.vip link work for anyone else?

Is there a neo version too?

Edit: I got the link to work and I purchased 40deg in 2.2. I will provide some feedback after I test it out against the neo version.

Seems like pretty long shipping estimates from chin... so it may be a while...

if im informed correctly than this is the #22 Sponge version. #22 Sponge is Pre Neo Version, so no Neo available.

says Footwork footwork footwork
Thought I'd update this because I ended up purchasing a sheet from China.

Long story short, I didn't like it and would recommend people to just stick with boosted H3.

What exactly didn’t you like about it that makes you jump back to H3?

What were your thoughts on H3 vs. normal TG2 or Neo versions before trying this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
I've had very limited experiences with TG2NEO. At least TG2NEO was very tacky as far as I remember, which I liked.

The main reason I didn't like this Skyline 2 Prov was because the surface is hardly tacky at all. It just felt like it it had the worst of both worlds (no tackiness of a traditional Chinese rubber that allows you to brush and the sponge is not as good as the one on the tensor rubbers).

Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
I've had very limited experiences with TG2NEO. At least TG2NEO was very tacky as far as I remember, which I liked.

The main reason I didn't like this Skyline 2 Prov was because the surface is hardly tacky at all. It just felt like it it had the worst of both worlds (no tackiness of a traditional Chinese rubber that allows you to brush and the sponge is not as good as the one on the tensor rubbers).
I agree about the tackiness, but otherwise is the best choice for me ... i`m playing 40 degrees hardness and i just love it ... and the brush spin is enormous ... short play just awesome , serving perfect ... and the linearity .... ooo ... only flat shots are weaker then euro rubbers but still ok .
this is just rubber over the table play .. and if you do not know how to spin then sorry

Last edited: