Evidence the Pro's are boosting!

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Look at the Wavyness/lumps in the rubber. He is using the Blue Whale 2 on the forehand. Is this evidence that some form of boost was used on the rubber?

wang hao boos.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
if u ask top players if they are boosting they would never say that they do but reality is that their sponsors do it for them so they just tell them in advance how many layers they want then they recieve it all ready for them to toki toki:DD

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
everybody boost all the top players but we have to be carefull we have to let 24 houers to let dry the rubbers and afther we put the glue and its ok ok

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
i really don't understand the need of boosting the blade for players that already have over the top technique.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
about 7 years ago in our gym we had a chinesse coach i remember that the blade he use was very heavy and with slow rubbers but the speed and amount of spin that he put to the ball was just amazing.

This user has no status.
C

This user has no status.
i think all pros do it tbh even the Europeans what was that competition where WLQ got caught boosting

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
That rubber definately looks boosted, not because of the wavy surface, which can happen if water glue is applied unevenly, but because of the outer edge of the rubber curving upwards, meaning the rubber has some sort of big dome and thus sponge expansion. Maze's Bryce Speed is also clearly much different from the plain version. I don't think Tenergy users boost though, Boll has stated for the record that he just chooses the heaviest commercial T05's and rolls with those.

says Photino rocks xD
says Photino rocks xD
Nov 2010
But boll glues with many layers on his tenergy to keep it fast and have feeling, otherwise he wouldnt be able to do those amazing sidespin bh loops.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Read 4 reviews
But boll glues with many layers on his tenergy to keep it fast and have feeling, otherwise he wouldnt be able to do those amazing sidespin bh loops.

the layers of glue dont affect your play.timo would be able to do amazing bh sidespin loops even with a normal slow racket.its skill that matters

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
boost wont be much of a boost if its not counterbalanced with skill.
i hate boosters :( it seems that they didn't believe in their skill.

I think most people boost because the feeling is just not the same as when you could speeglue. It affects their game and everyone is doing it, so why would they not do it.

And yes Mark, timo boll would still be able to do that but without boost they wont be as spinny and fast as they are now.

Like its been said before on this forum, if you ask the pro's if they are boosting they will say no. The factory does it for them and even if they do it themself, why would they tell the truth? Its their work, if they can steal a point or do anything do get an advantage they will do it. Thats topsport, none of them play clean.

BTW there is also a new way of boosting your rubbers. You dont put booster on your sponge but on the rubber itself, you let it dry for a few hours and then play with it. Its alot faster and when you combine it with the normal booster, you get a very fast blade.

So wang hao is probably using not only booster on the sponge but also on the rubber.