Rubbers regluing interval

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
How often do you reglue your rubbers?
I think that reglued rubber plays a bit better,than other which is glued before 2 years.
Only downside is that rubber can chip near edge when remove from blade.

Reactions: Equaaz

NDH

says Spin to win!
normally on my club, the people who plays on the national circuit (include me) reglues before every national tournament, above every 3/4 months or someting else, or change for a new one lol

You are re gluing the same rubbers to the same blade?

Are you changing anything? Adding booster or changing rubbers?

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl

You are re gluing the same rubbers to the same blade?

Are you changing anything? Adding booster or changing rubbers?

yes

some people reglue the rubbers stretching to make sure there are no "eaten" edges, say the rubber become littke harder when stretchs, and some people who no stretch, say the rubber perform better like more speedy. i think is true.

we dont use speed glue or booster i promise :)

normally their change rubbers, but normally on a interval of two competitions (like, use the same rubber on the april and july tournament and on september tournament, changes.) and for the national championship on december, because have the clubs teams and states teams competitions, this ones gives financial support for athletes depending of results. and if you win some division on the national, you receive financial support too, depending on the categorie or division. because of this players buy new rubbers for have best performance :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I don't see the point in regluing unless the rubber becomes separated from the blade. This happens when I push and the rubber hits the table..
Sponges will eventually lose springiness. Top sheets will lose grip. I don't have a tool to measure either but I could make one. I normally just rubber a ball across the top sheet to get an idea of how grippy the top sheet is. I had two sheets of T25 that I used for 7 years. H3 Neo top sheets seem to never die but the sponges do. H3 Neo is cheap.

I reglue every 2 days with the same set of rubbers and blade. I’m just addicted to gluing. That is probably why I have spent almost a tenergy 05 worth in glue already.
Sorry to say, but that’s a pure waste.

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
I don't think it's a great idea to re-glue just for the heck of it. I can't imagine that the stretch you give a rubber during removal is doing any favors.
Many rubbers shrink too so after removal you might find out that your rubber is 1cm shorter than your blade.
Even if the rubber starts to peel off at the edge I would probably just apply glue in that area only and not take off the rubber. Normally it's a non playing area anyways.

Reactions: PingBirdPong

NDH

says Spin to win!

yes

some people reglue the rubbers stretching to make sure there are no "eaten" edges, say the rubber become littke harder when stretchs, and some people who no stretch, say the rubber perform better like more speedy. i think is true.

we dont use speed glue or booster i promise :)

normally their change rubbers, but normally on a interval of two competitions (like, use the same rubber on the april and july tournament and on september tournament, changes.) and for the national championship on december, because have the clubs teams and states teams competitions, this ones gives financial support for athletes depending of results. and if you win some division on the national, you receive financial support too, depending on the categorie or division. because of this players buy new rubbers for have best performance :)

This is a new one to me, and I'm not sure it's actually a good thing?

When Speed Glue was banished, it was a good day! 😂 The hassle of glueing before every match or training sessions was such a nightmare!

With modern rubbers and glue, I don't see any advantage in re-glueing for the sake of it.

If you have pairs of rubbers in rotation (so you glue the least used rubbers before big tournaments), then I can kind of see a justification.

But with rubber shrinkage and other factors, there is no guarantee it'll play the same.

I'm extremely happy with only ever having to re-glue when I change rubbers! (once every 3-6 months).