Sanwei fextra

This user has no status.
I’m playing with Fastarc G-1 on both sides and love it. Working really well all the way around. I get good control pushing. Looping from either side is easy. I’m getting some nice pop when hitting. Plenty of spin on serves. Blocking loops is super easy. All of this of course is only when I don’t screw it up with my cement feet and poor thinking skills😁

• Love
Reactions: lodro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
Hi, I am also using Fastarc G1 on FH and Tenergy 05 Hard on BH.
I feel there is a special synergy for me with Fextra and G1 for FH.
Just getting used to 05H on BH but feeling really good also.
Fextra has a certain magic imo but I can't articulate it!
£15 posted from China and plays better than many £100 + Blades.
Amazing! Good luck hitting on your optimal combination.....

I bought the Fextra to try out some Chinese rubbers for fun, so I never intended it to be my main blade. While playing, I found the handle to be uncomfortably big compared to every other blade I have used so far (6-7). Anyone noticed the same?

Fextra handle is somewhat bigger than other blades.

This user has no status.
I bought the Fextra to try out some Chinese rubbers for fun, so I never intended it to be my main blade. While playing, I found the handle to be uncomfortably big compared to every other blade I have used so far (6-7). Anyone noticed the same?

That’s funny because it feels thin to me. I was playing with a Donic Persson Exclusive Off and it definitely has a thicker handle. I just hit with my brother’s Yinhe Uranus U-2 and it also had a bigger handle than the Fextra. It’s my least favorite part of the blade. I wish it had a little bigger handle. Otherwise I love it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020

Yes, the handle is a little thicker than the one of other Chinese blades. I fixed it with ~100 grade sandpaper on a block. After some sanding, the handle is now really good as it is almost rectangular (if too rectangular, some more sanding helps). After sanding, I varnished the blade. I did this on all my 3 Fextras. The advantage of too thick handles is that sanding can be applied, that doesn't work on handles which are too thin :)

Reactions: ttarc