TT training

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I would say I am quite a good table tennis player (I play nationally) but onew thing that has held me back is not metal, strength or techniuque it is fitness with in a rally
I am hoping that anybody would have any daily workout routine to help improve table tennis fitness please?
all help is appreciated

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
As a life long athlete I believe that for me, (and maybe you) variation is the key. Cardio/endurance focused like jogging, running, or cycling mixed with strength training like free weights/common gym machines/ or simple resistance bands. Combine this with adding a different sport if you can like tennis or badminton if you like racquet sports. Utilizing different muscle groups and different mechanisms of movement will ultimately improve your individual sports. I am a bit mentally ill when it comes to frequency of routine so I'm not the best to ask, but variation is key imo. Good luck!

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
HIIT training works best as it’s intense it’s high impact short intervals and works great to get fitter.

Les mills if you have seen it it’s a killer but can get you fit if you stick to it. You can do it at home with subscription you just need little bit of space.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Read 1 reviews
Hi,

If you are national-level player, hasn't your coach already charted-out a fitness plan for you .. ?

Anyway, +1 for Wheelbuilder's suggestions ... . Join a gym, that not only has good equipment, but more importantly, good trainers .. Discuss your goal(s) with them, and they'll work-out a custom fitness plan for you ..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
HIIT training works best as it’s intense it’s high impact short intervals and works great to get fitter.

Les mills if you have seen it it’s a killer but can get you fit if you stick to it. You can do it at home with subscription you just need little bit of space.

les mills seems more like a strength based regime
I am looking more to lose a little weight I am strong enough enough for weight transfers and hip thrusting
But I think i will start to do regular hiit training

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019

I am looking more to lose a little weight I am strong enough enough for weight transfers and hip thrusting

Interval training (HIIT) is great for torching fat abd getting and getting fit. Good 20 min HIIT is better than boring 45 mins on treadmill.

but ideally regime should be mixture of HIIT and steady cardio. Also core work would be essential I would say

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Read 1 reviews

If weight-loss is your goal, and focusing on Diet & Nutrition is as important as exercise - Both go hand-in-glove..

If you're looking for fitness and exercise tips, then there are several videos on Youtube, specifically for TT ... Plus, I've seen a lot of clips, where they show pro TT Players working-out - Mostly Chinese pros (ML, FZD, ZJK etc etc) ... You could take pointers from them ..

Reactions: wheelbuilder
says Rozena! You complete me.
says Rozena! You complete me.
Mar 2021
I would say I am quite a good table tennis player (I play nationally) but onew thing that has held me back is not metal, strength or techniuque it is fitness with in a rally
I am hoping that anybody would have any daily workout routine to help improve table tennis fitness please?
all help is appreciated

Fitness is an issue?

No problem as I have seen some pretty successful out of shape individuals who stand close to the table, both feet planted solidly on the spot the whole time and just block back all the topspin shot using anti-spin or long pimple rubbers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

Fitness is an issue?

No problem as I have seen some pretty successful out of shape individuals who stand close to the table, both feet planted solidly on the spot the whole time and just block back all the topspin shot using anti-spin or long pimple rubbers.

I dont enjoy playing defensively

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2021

Hii,
When we used to practice coach always encouraged us for skipping he used to say it increases your stamina in game just try that out hope it would work.