Should i try long pips rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
Read 4 reviews
Hi guys
In last year my game developed from advanced begginer to solid intermidiate games.Well,except backhand.My bh is still pretty bad and i tried much different rubbers and blades,than realized that i just need to practice more.And i practiced and practiced but its still pretty bad.Then yesterday,on tournament i saw one long pips player and i really liked his play.He played off on his fh and def on his bh.In my club noone plays with lp so i dont know who to ask about that.My style is pretty much all around now but i am considering to buy some cheap lp like 729 mistery and try it.Your oppinions??

Long pimples can be useful at lower/intermediate levels and sometimes even at higher levels, i would definately say that you will be able to beat people that you wouldn't normally but once you use pimples then your backhand problem wont make any more progress and it would be harder to get into the higher levels although it is possible. If I were you i would just keep practising you normal backhand, stick with the same rubber for a bit and play some matches and soon your backhand will just seem to work.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
Read 4 reviews
Long pimples can be useful at lower/intermediate levels and sometimes even at higher levels, i would definately say that you will be able to beat people that you wouldn't normally but once you use pimples then your backhand problem wont make any more progress and it would be harder to get into the higher levels although it is possible. If I were you i would just keep practising you normal backhand, stick with the same rubber for a bit and play some matches and soon your backhand will just seem to work.

Hmm thaks for advice,but i planed to practice and my bh and play with lp too,so.. ;D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
Read 4 reviews
what is the problem with your backhand? are you mostly aggressive or mostly passive with it? how long have you been playing?

if you have been playing for a longer time now and you find yourself mostly playing passive shots with your backhand then you should try long pips.
I am training for 3 and a half years,6 hours weekly,my biggest problem is maybe when i need to stay near to table and block i usually go far away and trying to lob(dont know the expresion-na hrvatski dižem balone :D ;D)

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Actually, there are several prominent members who are 30 yrs old or younger, a couple your age.

Watch out, there is also someone who registered as Der_Echte over there who says HE is the Original.

Not ALL of the members are defensive players and some are very FH attacking oriented. Often, you will see worthwhile discussions on technique and tactics for what you are trying to do, so check it out by all means.

Don't know if this is any help but I'm 20 re started table tennis after a 6 year break I use LP's on BH and they are great for me as lightens the weight of the bat a little, twiddling really confuses opponents and also LP's are good for the reverse BH on penholders as slows ball down, easier to control and on service returns gives a lot of own spin back. It does take time getting used to them but it is worth it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
I am training for 3 and a half years,6 hours weekly,my biggest problem is maybe when i need to stay near to table and block i usually go far away and trying to lob(dont know the expresion-na hrvatski dižem balone :D ;D)

techique-wise it sounds like you have long strokes and like to spin the ball up from underneath. this poses a problem on your backhand because you need the ball to drop in order to spin it up.

if this is true, you either need to change your technique to shorter strokes that start from higher up, or adopt a defensive style that suits the technique that you already have. if you choose to do the later you need to know that long pip chopping play is very different to lobbing style. lobbing invloves mostly moving left to right at a set distance from to table while chopping involves moving back and forth too. you will only know if it suits you if you try it out.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
HAHAHAHAHAHA that was my first idea but on ooak they all are players 40 plus and i am younger and dont want to play only defensive(like most of them there ;))

Serious, give it a try, I only got 4.6 posts over there and I only talk about/with people you already know, like Next Level.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
Read 4 reviews
techique-wise it sounds like you have long strokes and like to spin the ball up from underneath. this poses a problem on your backhand because you need the ball to drop in order to spin it up.

if this is true, you either need to change your technique to shorter strokes that start from higher up, or adopt a defensive style that suits the technique that you already have. if you choose to do the later you need to know that long pip chopping play is very different to lobbing style. lobbing invloves mostly moving left to right at a set distance from to table while chopping involves moving back and forth too. you will only know if it suits you if you try it out.
I dont play def on my bh,my style is all around i like to flick serves and hit sometimes(not too often).
But my problem is changing grip(from fh to bh-when someone blocks my fh topspin to my bh side)
And i thought that lp will give me more time,and ofc some easy points :D

This user has no status.
I dont play def on my bh,my style is all around i like to flick serves and hit sometimes(not too often).
But my problem is changing grip(from fh to bh-when someone blocks my fh topspin to my bh side)
And i thought that lp will give me more time,and ofc some easy points :D

easy points is NOT a good reason to switch to long pips. :D how about you try to adopt a neutral grip for both forehand and backhand?