Table Tennis Tips: A better feeling with the ball

says Stronger in 2023 🥳
says Stronger in 2023 🥳
Aug 2014
Hello everyone, I'm pretty surprised with the performance and feeling you can get by only changing your glue or adding more layers, depending on their viscosity.Talking about viscosity in glue, at the lowest end of a resistance scale, fluids run like water. The higher end covers substances that have become thick and gelatinous.I spent time testing different glues and layers. And I put too much love and effort in the following video.What I like and I'm pretty excited about the new #stigabond glue is its low/medium viscosity. That means, I can manage my feeling with more or less layers of glue.And of course, the good adhesion and quick drying too.

Your comments, opinions and experiences are most than welcome

says Stronger in 2023 🥳
says Stronger in 2023 🥳
Aug 2014
Maybe I’ll buy that next time, I also like low/medium viscosity glue, which is why I’m using butterfly freechack pro ii right now.

Free Chack Pro II felt nice. I had some difficulties trying to remove it from the rubber, but anything else worked fine. Ohhh, and by the way, it smells good XD

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I've been using this from Party City for years. I would consider it a low viscosity. The review is not from me.
Untitled%20png.png

says Stronger in 2023 🥳
says Stronger in 2023 🥳
Aug 2014
How does the difference feel? What sensations in the feeling change?

I've been using Xiom IBond for quite a while now. Its runny af. I wonder. Whether i should put more than one layer of it.
Hey Kuba, nice question. I found a post in this forum, related to the feeling and touch.
The importance of feel if you read that post 👈 will give an idea about what the feeling means.

ON MY OPINION, feeling is the way I can touch the ball, sometimes with spin, something with no spin, and the way I can put the ball in a specific placement with accuracy and control.
My accuracy changed using on thin layer or 2 layers of glue.
If you try it, let us know the results. I will keep gluing my blade and rubbers to 2 layers each.

After that "Personal Opinion", I learned that different glues and layers of glue can change that feeling with the ball.
I don't want to go deeper with the feeling, because that part is personal. And trying to understand the different feelings, is like trying to understand color preferences. But in summary, glue can affect that feeling.

Take care !

Reactions: SamTheMan
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
I have been using Revolution no3 for a while now, it comes in 3 viscosity levels, so depending how thick you like your glue, you have a choice.
the main reason I use this glue is because it’s so easy to remove from sponge/blade!!
my experience is that usually, virtually no glue stays on the blade when removing the rubber, and the glue on the rubber can be easily peeled off, sometimes in one piece.
Generally I use 2 layers on both blade and sponge, (sometimes 3, usually when applied to rubbers like H3)
DHS no15 is also a good glue especially when boosting rubbers, apparently thick glue layers go well with H3 type rubbers..

As for the ‘better feeling with the ball’ I don’t think I’m sensitive enough to notice the difference!!??Coupled with the fact that I’ve never tried or tested the same set ups with different glues / glue layers side by side!!!

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
I was playing before speed glue was a thing in England, stopped playing, started again maybe 4 or so years later, speed glue was now in full effect, but as a local league player, I wasn’t really aware of it!! No internet back then !!! Played for a season or two then stopped playing for 30 or so years, so basically missed speed glue completely!!!!!!

• Love
Reactions: VictorMoraga
says Stronger in 2023 🥳
says Stronger in 2023 🥳
Aug 2014
I was playing before speed glue was a thing in England, stopped playing, started again maybe 4 or so years later, speed glue was now in full effect, but as a local league player, I wasn’t really aware of it!! No internet back then !!! Played for a season or two then stopped playing for 30 or so years, so basically missed speed glue completely!!!!!!

Nice one !!!
Even the booster doesn't make me feel the same like the old speed glue.
Well, by the way. I think Falco and Stiga BOND fit my game style.
I think I have a better touch with them 🏓

Reactions: jammmail and IB66
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
I have been using Revolution no3 for a while now, it comes in 3 viscosity levels, so depending how thick you like your glue, you have a choice.
the main reason I use this glue is because it’s so easy to remove from sponge/blade!!
my experience is that usually, virtually no glue stays on the blade when removing the rubber, and the glue on the rubber can be easily peeled off, sometimes in one piece.
Generally I use 2 layers on both blade and sponge, (sometimes 3, usually when applied to rubbers like H3)
DHS no15 is also a good glue especially when boosting rubbers, apparently thick glue layers go well with H3 type rubbers..

As for the ‘better feeling with the ball’ I don’t think I’m sensitive enough to notice the difference!!??Coupled with the fact that I’ve never tried or tested the same set ups with different glues / glue layers side by side!!!

The problem I have with Revolution No3 is the smell. I can't find a medium viscosity one that is odorless, the only odorless one I can find is normal, which is a little too runny to my liking.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018

Nice one !!!
Even the booster doesn't make me feel the same like the old speed glue.
Well, by the way. I think Falco and Stiga BOND fit my game style.
I think I have a better touch with them 🏓

Hi Victor nice video - I like your style :)
Are you sponsored by Stiga or just like/a fan of their products? Ive used the Gewo and Butterfly glues your tried but using the Xiom Energy (spped boost) glue atm and really like it. Might be worth a try.
Do you boost your Dragon Grip?

Reactions: VictorMoraga
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Well I only encountered with only a handful different glues. Most are the same just rebranded.

There are the German made glues like the BTY Freechack 1, and almost every brand has something like that in their offering. From the shown glues the Gewo Hydrotec is also one of them, but also Andro Turbo Fix, Joola X-glue, Donic Vario and the list goes on and on. They all have the same bottle too across brands so very easy to spot them. I personally don't like this glue since it's crappy to remove it from the sponge and it usually damages weaker sponges. The only difference across the brands is the viscosity of the glue, some are thinner some are thicker.

There are the Revolution no3 types of glues, like the above mentioned Xiom Energy glue. I can't confirm this but the Lidu and Dianchi glues are pretty similar too if not the same. They smell the same and act the same. This glue is pretty good, if you have 3 good layers you can remove it in one go without damaging the sponge. The Lidu and Dianchi stuff is very thin if you are into that. Biggest problem with these is that they smell super bad. I haven't had a chance to try the odorless version.

There is the Nittaku Finezip wich was a pretty popular glue. I had one tub at a point but it was named Stiga Attach power glue, and it's the same stuff again just rebranded. It is a good glue but my biggest problem with it was that it spoiled rather quickly. And it's pretty expensive too.

DHS No 15 is again a different glue and I haven't seen it re-branded yet. I like it since it's cheap and easy to remove like the Revolution just it doesn't have any bad smell. As every glue this one also has some negative aspect, it's a bit "heavyweight".

I don't know about the mentioned Stiga Bond glue, I kind of doubt Stiga developed a glue and looking at the bottle it seems like it's a Revolution bottle so I suppose I solved a mystery for myself.

I have never seen the Yasaka Norisuke-san nor Freechack 2 or the Falco glue so I can't comment if those are different or the same as already mentioned glues.

I suppose once you start stacking layers the glue can change the feeling of the paddle but probably 2 rather thin layers don't matter much. One thing I noticed is that once you remove German glue from a sponge it's not so bouncy as like a DHS or Revolution glue. From DHS and Revo you can make a bouncy ball while the German glue is more like gelatin.

You ripped the rubber of the wrong way. Do it side to side, otherwise You will run a bigger risk to tear the wood off...

I want the thinnest layer possible, therefore I never let it dry before assembly.
Works perfect for me.

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
Read 3 reviews
I used dhs 15 for a while when I was using chinese rubbers, worked pretty well with those.. especially if you boost. Now with T05 hard I prefer free chack 2 which isn't as thick. My feeling was that when I used the thicker glue I had less "feeling", my shots felt less crisp and I had to swing faster to get a lot of power. Also feels easier to get an even coating with thinner glue.

says Stronger in 2023 🥳
says Stronger in 2023 🥳
Aug 2014
Hi Victor nice video - I like your style :)
Are you sponsored by Stiga or just like/a fan of their products? Ive used the Gewo and Butterfly glues your tried but using the Xiom Energy (spped boost) glue atm and really like it. Might be worth a try.
Do you boost your Dragon Grip?

Hey, thank you for your feedback.
I'm not sponsored by Stiga, for now :) I 'm just a fan of their products. I really like the Innovations.
I don't boost DNA Dragon Grip. I tried that with 1 and 2 layers of Booster. The feeling was ok, but I didn't like them when the play area was hot and humid 😫. It didn't brush the ball for making spin. That's why I keep them unboosted, and I put the power from the body.

Reactions: jammmail
says Stronger in 2023 🥳
says Stronger in 2023 🥳
Aug 2014
Well I only encountered with only a handful different glues. Most are the same just rebranded.

There are the German made glues like the BTY Freechack 1, and almost every brand has something like that in their offering. From the shown glues the Gewo Hydrotec is also one of them, but also Andro Turbo Fix, Joola X-glue, Donic Vario and the list goes on and on. They all have the same bottle too across brands so very easy to spot them. I personally don't like this glue since it's crappy to remove it from the sponge and it usually damages weaker sponges. The only difference across the brands is the viscosity of the glue, some are thinner some are thicker.

There are the Revolution no3 types of glues, like the above mentioned Xiom Energy glue. I can't confirm this but the Lidu and Dianchi glues are pretty similar too if not the same. They smell the same and act the same. This glue is pretty good, if you have 3 good layers you can remove it in one go without damaging the sponge. The Lidu and Dianchi stuff is very thin if you are into that. Biggest problem with these is that they smell super bad. I haven't had a chance to try the odorless version.

There is the Nittaku Finezip wich was a pretty popular glue. I had one tub at a point but it was named Stiga Attach power glue, and it's the same stuff again just rebranded. It is a good glue but my biggest problem with it was that it spoiled rather quickly. And it's pretty expensive too.

DHS No 15 is again a different glue and I haven't seen it re-branded yet. I like it since it's cheap and easy to remove like the Revolution just it doesn't have any bad smell. As every glue this one also has some negative aspect, it's a bit "heavyweight".

I don't know about the mentioned Stiga Bond glue, I kind of doubt Stiga developed a glue and looking at the bottle it seems like it's a Revolution bottle so I suppose I solved a mystery for myself.

I have never seen the Yasaka Norisuke-san nor Freechack 2 or the Falco glue so I can't comment if those are different or the same as already mentioned glues.

I suppose once you start stacking layers the glue can change the feeling of the paddle but probably 2 rather thin layers don't matter much. One thing I noticed is that once you remove German glue from a sponge it's not so bouncy as like a DHS or Revolution glue. From DHS and Revo you can make a bouncy ball while the German glue is more like gelatin.
Wow nice comment. Interesting to know your experience.
Thank you for sharing it 👊