DHS Hurricane 8 Mid Tackiness?

This user has no status.
So I received a black DHS Hurricane 8 Mid from Megaspin today but after about 30 minutes of play, the tackiness is almost completely gone. Even immediately after taking off the plastic protector that comes with the rubber, it could only lift the ball up for even less than half a second and after 30 minutes it barely lifts the ball at all. Is this normal? I constantly read that the Hurricane rubbers are hyped to be extremely tacky...
What are your experiences with this rubber?

Reactions: BeGo
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
yes this is normal .... the tackiness started to kick after few hours ... but after play it loses the outside stickiness but the inside tackiness is still present ... after you clean the top sheet the outside tackiness comes back quickly . And yes it is one of the most tacky rubber.

This user has no status.
Hurricane series is sticky to varying degrees. In my experience H3 (any variation) has always been stickier than h8. Many people agree that non neo is stickier than neo. Both are stickier than 8 (ime). Also keep in mind, and I think this is more important to note, the DHS's consistency is on the low end of the scale. It's also starting to warm up and H8 seems to react pretty aggressively to humidity losing a lot of grip as well.

This user has no status.
Hurricane series is sticky to varying degrees. In my experience H3 (any variation) has always been stickier than h8. Many people agree that non neo is stickier than neo. Both are stickier than 8 (ime). Also keep in mind, and I think this is more important to note, the DHS's consistency is on the low end of the scale. It's also starting to warm up and H8 seems to react pretty aggressively to humidity losing a lot of grip as well.

hurricanes are not really consistent some batches of rubbers may be better than other batches especially the commercial hurricanes. it depends whether are you lucky or not to receive the good batch.

Reactions: sanavasaraja
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
There are different is tackiness. H3 is no doubt most tacky ( h3 national even more tacky than commercial one)
H8 is somehow sensitive to humidity

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

That sounds pretty damn tacky! I haven't tried h8 but it hardly seems worth the price. They're heavier than h3 and usually less tacky. With hurricane 3 prov, at the same price you can choose sponge thickness and hardness, and get better quality control. That being said, I have yet to get a bad commercial rubber from dhs, but some have been better than others.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
I have one in black and the stickiness is 0 from the first day. I think they are not original or DHS has changed the way of making them. ​And they came with the stamp of authenticity. But I can assure you that they are also copied. I have H3 provincial with blue sponge bought directly on taobao.com with seal of authenticity and I am sure they are copies. Great quality but copies.

Last edited: