TTX is what the 4th August is all about - the new revolution of table tennis!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
The new form of table tennis - Table Tennis X (TTX) has been launched in style today on the eve of the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro.

rio2016ttx.jpg

Some basic rules to get you started:

- Matches are the best of 3 sets, 2 minutes each. If the set ends with a tie, there is a sudden death point to determine the winner!
- No restrictions on the serve, serve it anyway you like!
- 2 extra points for a winner (opponent does not touch the ball with their racket)
- 1 wildcard per player per set! The player must call wildcard before they serve and whoever wins that point gains 2 points. If you hit a winner on a wildcard point you get 4!

Have fun and stay cool!

Be part of the Xcitement! Check out TTX.world for more information!

http://www.ittf.com/press_releases/PR/PR1.asp?id=273

ttxnewtabletennis.jpg

What do you all think of this revolution?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
This is a nice thing, as the website says, for mass public. Now we have Table Tennis, Ping Pong, Hardbat, Ultimate Pong and TTX. If I understand it correctly, they will release new bat for it, probably between hardbat and table tennis. I think the best would be follow the Cornilleau's outdoor product line. That's durable, plays like a short pip rubber, perfect for popularize the sport. And if someone wants to change to table tennis, it doesn't generate that much bad habits.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Wow. Just, wow!

Let's make it official that ITTF are out of touch with reality and are hoping to bring the sport back to its roots in drunken pubs where you could make up the rules as you go.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Well, at least it's not another rule change.
<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FReuters%2Fvideos%2F1192302547456766%2F&show_text=0&width=400" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" height="400" width="400"></iframe>

Reactions: NextLevel
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
If ITTF really wanted to do something that would be a game changer for the sport, they would launch and fund a nation wide initiative to get a Table Tennis Program into Middle Schools and High Schools across the USA.

Why USA? If ITTF can raise the interest in the sport in USA, this will make it much easier to raise interest elsewhere because of the power of the mainstream media in the USA.

says what [IMG]
If ITTF really wanted to do something that would be a game changer for the sport, they would launch and fund a nation wide initiative to get a Table Tennis Program into Middle Schools and High Schools across the USA.

Why USA? If ITTF can raise the interest in the sport in USA, this will make it much easier to raise interest elsewhere because of the power of the mainstream media in the USA.

Carl, you're missing one point in that plan, which is why the ITTF can't possibly do it.

It'd work.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Carl, you're missing one point in that plan, which is why the ITTF can't possibly do it.

It'd work.

Ask Der_Echte what he thinks about a plan to get table tennis into schools. I would like to hear what he has to say....again.

Reactions: NextLevel and BeGo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
In Hungary a lot of money went into schools in form of cheap tables and junk rackets. The idea was that there will be a bigger base for choose talented kids. Unfortunately the Federation forgot that they don't have someone who could choose.
Wait...they have coaches! They just don't want to invest more money into schools! (Or they just can't steal it.)
I am happy to see more people playing Ping Pong, but this way it's only waste of money and time for the sport.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
So basically, ITTF have watched WCPP Sandpaper Ping Pong become a success and have now thought "we want a piece of that!" Even taking the double point ball and no spin bats!!!...wouldn't it have been easier for ITTF just to embrace the sandpaper game?....of course not! Because now they can make bucket loads of cash out of it instead selling the equipment and rights!! Sneaky!! The promoters of the sandpaper game and WCPP such as Fred Dove should be extremely proud of themselves in a way, because the ITTF have decided to steal their idea accepting it is much more general public friendly, and of course........they will make 100s of £1000s if not millions out of it. The marketing for TTX states that it "brings the game back to basics"...exactly what sandpaper ping pong did 4 or 5 years ago. I for one will be stocking to hardbat and sandpaper as opposed to filling ITTF pockets!

Reactions: fais
This user has no status.
This is pretty much a slap in the face to players who expect their governing body to develop the sport- not create diversions. The "rule"book for this has almost no and is in some ways just laughable. Slapping a name on what a lot of casual players already do isn't really new or beneficial. Taking a senseless gamble like this that does not benefit existing players and may in fact detract from the sport is just absolutely senseless.

Boom. Roasted.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
So basically, ITTF have watched WCPP Sandpaper Ping Pong become a success and have now thought "we want a piece of that!" Even taking the double point ball and no spin bats!!!...wouldn't it have been easier for ITTF just to embrace the sandpaper game?....of course not! Because now they can make bucket loads of cash out of it instead selling the equipment and rights!! Sneaky!! The promoters of the sandpaper game and WCPP such as Fred Dove should be extremely proud of themselves in a way, because the ITTF have decided to steal their idea accepting it is much more general public friendly, and of course........they will make 100s of £1000s if not millions out of it. The marketing for TTX states that it "brings the game back to basics"...exactly what sandpaper ping pong did 4 or 5 years ago. I for one will be stocking to hardbat and sandpaper as opposed to filling ITTF pockets!

Sandpaper has peaked since your behind-the-back shot went viral Martin. The ITTF had to find something new - you destroyed it! :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
haha I wish AndySmith lol. But seriously, its a shame they couldnt just endorse sandpaper or hardbat TT when they had the chance, this latest attempt seems desperate and just a means of creating revenue :(

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
I don't like the necessity of having a timer to limit the games duration. Imagine all major table tennis brands producing those with the most expensive one from Butterfly of course. And endless threads on forums about choosing the best timer...

Seriously, despite the fact there is one in every mobile phone, people will ignore the time constraints. I don't think this game will go anywhere.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Martin, you gotta visit Boston if you ever get to USA. There are two Hardbat players who play USATT 2000 level vs inverted using their hardbat. You would love these two gents. You would also luv playing vs me, I luv playing vs OX LP and against hardbat opponents. I'm in DC if you got business that way.

No way ITTF coulda supported sandpaper tourney, not after the ITTF so violently opposed the word "International" that it sic's two dozen Goon Squads of Lawyers proverbially on the organizers the first time a big event was in the works.

After that, there is NO WAY ITTF could have any dignity and support sandpaper, the TT world would have let them know. ITTF backed themselves into a terrible corner with that strong-arm move back then so bad it will take a decade for people to forget, but hardbatters got a memory better than an elephant.