Xiom Hugo Hal for Short pips

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
I'm currently using Xiom Stradivarius, I have nittaku sieger pk50 on fh and R48 on bh(usually I punch/block/chop block with bh), I have tried few short pips, and I went on to buy Spinlord waran 1.8 mm. My playing level is like intermediate-ish, play style close to the table. I want to go on slower blade later this year, I was thinking if hugo hal will be good enough for sp bh.

Second question, 3+2 hinoki carbon, Xiom has like 5 variants for this, are they good for sp?

Last question, If I go all wood like Xiom Extreme S/TSP swat or something like that, does it hold good for sp?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
Hugo HAL seem a bit soft for SP. I would go with Extreme S. The new Vivid Carbon also has a 3+2 kiso hinoki construction but it is as fast as a Primorac Carbon.

3+2, is it same as carbospeed or faster?

Xiom Extreme S, I think I'll go with that.

Seems like Xiom Extreme S isn't available at my location, How's Andro Timber 7 off/s? Nittaku Barwell?

Last edited:

3+2, is it same as carbospeed or faster?

Xiom Extreme S, I think I'll go with that.

Seems like Xiom Extreme S isn't available at my location, How's Andro Timber 7 off/s? Nittaku Barwell?

Faster, it is like Primorac Carbon.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
How do you play with the short pimple rubber? i think it is more important to have faster harder blade for forehand short pimple. I believe the majority with short pimple on backhand set up the attack for forehand.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
How do you play with the short pimple rubber? i think it is more important to have faster harder blade for forehand short pimple. I believe the majority with short pimple on backhand set up the attack for forehand.

My forehand is kinda weak, rare 3rd opening or drives, only thing my fh is good at, is countering topspin and flat hits. I do rest of the stuff with bh, 3rd ball opening (flat hit or lesser spin), I'm really good at one thing, bh punch, block, and chop block close to the table (very bad at fishing or lobbing). I'm transitioning from R48 on bh to SP.

General play, topspin hook serve, or long underspin serve forcing opponent to do topspin opening (easier to punch).