Change handle

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
About ungluing/regluing the handle: Der_Echte is the expert, as Astorix says. There are many threads where he discusses removing/regluing handles. (Search for “beast” in the thread title.)

Afaik if you want heat lower the chances of damaging the wood, (very carefully) use a heat gun. Even a hair dryer might do.

I wouldn’t put a blade I care about directly in boiling water. Not sure about microwave.

(EDIT) Here is Der_Echte talking about using a heat gun - that post and the one below: https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/fo...ding-the-BEAST&p=148479&viewfull=1#post148479

Last edited:
Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
About replacing the handle: What kind of change are you planning on doing? Do you want to modify the current handle? (Eg make it thicker by adding thin veneers on each side?) Use a handle from another blade? Make one from scratch?

If you are in this for the results, not the process, and you have a small budget for this - esp if the blade is expensive - it might be worth considering getting an experienced blade maker to make an install a handle for you. (I’m told Charlie - bladesbycharlie - does this, and his fees should be reasonable. (His full blades start at $55 (USD), including custom handle...) I’m sure some craftsmen based on Europe can do this as well.)

If you are in this for the process, these things are often more challenging than they seem (if you have high standards), but they are also usually way more fun than we expect.. :D

Last edited:
says I’ll make the payment as soon as posible (tomorrow)
says I’ll make the payment as soon as posible (tomorrow)
May 2018
I would like to revive this thread and ask if I could change the handle of a TBALC st to an infinity vps fl handle...would the fl handle fit on the original st blade?