Which Donic is closest to H3N?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Jan 2022
Which Donic rubber is closest to H3N in tackiness? I want a hybrid between H3N and Tenergy 05 like Dignics 09C, only less expensive.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I think the hybrid rubber from donic is called blue grip. I think All the esn companies now have hybrid rubbers with tensor sponge and tacky rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
I think the hybrid rubber from donic is called blue grip. I think All the esn companies now have hybrid rubbers with tensor sponge and tacky rubber.

I know, and have found several contenders for my next FH rubber like Rakza Z and Xiom Tau ll, but was wondering which Donic rubber is the best in the spin department, closest to H3N without needing booster.

I have heard good things about the Blue Grip series, but they seem to have an overwhelming selection, and have several other ones they rate higher than Blue Grip in the spin category.

says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Hi,

Tested Bluegrip C2 and V1, neither have tackiness like H3N, D09C doesn’t either, it’s barely tacky.
BG V1 and R1 were the first versions of BG rubbers, followed by C1 and C2, most recently S2 joined the gang!!

If you want the tackiness, then Rakza Z and Tau2 are better for tackiness. These are great rubbers as well, high spin, enough catapult!!

If you want something like D09C then I think the closest Donic offering will be C1 followed by C2, C1 has the harder sponge. Both are on the heavier side of rubbers due to the sponge hardness.
Xiom Omega China Ying is similar to BG C1 and XOC Guang similar to BG C2 the Xiom rubbers could be another option.

The Donic BG rubbers produce good spin levels, maybe less than H3N though, but they are more than adequate for spin, for me the C2 was better than the R1 version I tried out, from memory C2 sponge hardness is around 55 degrees and V1 around 50 degrees.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Which Donic rubber is closest to H3N in tackiness? I want a hybrid between H3N and Tenergy 05 like Dignics 09C, only less expensive.

Trust me, I've been hunting for a H3N for 4 years. I've tried 09C, K1, K1 plus, Baracuda, Vega China and the latest is Victas Triple Double Extra (TDE). The closest is TDE. The topsheet is tacky as hell as it is manufactured by a Chinese company. The blue sponge of TDE is made in Japan. No need to boost.

Reactions: Hasna Haura Hayfa

That's a long pimple rubber?
Not really the H3 alternative I think ...

My bad, it was a Chen Wei Xing rubber. If I am not mistaken it was a rebadged H3 but boosted but then I cannot find it on Joola's list anymore.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
I made my choice. It is Victas TDE, alrhough after rejuvinating my DHS H3N with mineral oil, I expect to get a few more months out of it.

Also, someone said I should put the protector plastic on while the rubber is still wet. I am trying that now on my training paddle. It is Victus V-15 Extra.

So far water doesn't seem to add any tackiness at all to my V-15, not that I even need it tacky. I will add three layers of oil to it anyway, just to see what happens.

Also, here is the list of hybrids I chose Victus TDE from:

Yinhe Big Dipper $19
Tutyle Beijing lV $22.22
Friendship RITC 729 Battle ll 40° $25
Xiom Tau ll $34
Joola Golden Tango $40
Rakza Z $45
Victas Triple Double Extra $50
Donic Blue Grip C2 $50
Dignics 09C $93

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022

Trust me, I've been hunting for a H3N for 4 years. I've tried 09C, K1, K1 plus, Baracuda, Vega China and the latest is Victas Triple Double Extra (TDE). The closest is TDE. The topsheet is tacky as hell as it is manufactured by a Chinese company. The blue sponge of TDE is made in Japan. No need to boost.

Thank you. It was your post that made me look into Victas TDE, and it will be my next rubber.

Status
Not open for further replies.