Intermediate level player equipment

This user has no status.
Hello,

I´ve been training with a nice coach since november (4 months now), and I've learned and developed the basic strokes, althouhg I started playing in 2010.

Recently I've started noticing that I feel that my current setup (Stiga Allround NCT blade with Mark V 2.0mm rubbers) is a little bit slow, and in match situations my racket lacks some gears.

So I'm thinking in Upgrading my setup to an intermediate level, although I want to keep high level of control, but get more speed, and some more spin..

Where I live it's much easier to get my hands in brands like butterfly, stiga, yasaka, xiom ( some other brands are hard to find).

Could You help with some sugestions ??

Thanks in advance

This user has no status.
Thanks Old School.

I've done some search, and some popped up, but I'm afraid that with tensor rubbers I lose control and develop bad technic. Butterfly Tenergy 05 Fx seemed the most controlable from the tenergy family.

Another one that I came across as recomended is Yasaka Raska 7, wich I'm not sure if it's a tensor rubber.

What do you think about these?

This user has no status.
Thanks for your answers.

The thing with tensor rubbers is that the only time I tested one on my friend's paddle I felt that I couldn't do short pushes and long chops, and as a developing beginner player I was thinking on develop an allround style as I learn all the strokes.

Do you think it's a matter of habit?

Wich Tenergy would have more control? and would raska 7 have more control than a tenergy rubber?

thanks

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I agree with Old School. The blade is good. There is no need to change that. The rubbers, if you upgrade them to modern--pre-tensioned--rubbers, then that will be a faster spinnier setup. Take your time to decide what you would like. There are so many that would be good for you. Don't worry that they are a bit hard to control. You will get used to them quickly and then you will have control with them.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Aqueminy,

When you switch from traditional rubbers to tensioned rubbers, you will experience the loss of control whenever you choose to change, but you will adjust and regain it if you put in the practice time and develop the softer touch hand skills. That said, take me as one of the few who thinks that your current setup is fast enough unless you back up more than 1 meter off the table, which you should not be doing that much at this stage in your development. The main difference between tensor rubbers and traditional rubbers is that traditional rubbers, because of their relative lack of elasticity, need more vertical strokes to generate topspin, while tensors topspin the ball on drives. If you think you are consistent enough to make the switch, go ahead and get your coach's opinion as well.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
You will adjust if you have any kind of feel for hte ball and any kind of effective fundamentals for the game.

If your fundamentals are not good, then there is no equipment that is gunna get the job done and you will search your whole life.

I haven't seen you play, so I cannot say this or that about your fundamentals. You have a coach, so there is a good chance they are there. Whether they are there right now or not, if you get either of the rubbers the forum memebrs are pimping, (Razka 7 or T05) you will CERTAINLY be able to grow and learn with the instruction and trainingfrom your coach keeping the same blade or a blade one step up in speed class.

There is nothing to be afraid of replacing your rubbers to either and adjusting/continuing to learn/train.

The recommendations of the forum members so far have been sensible and true.

Reactions: anchorschmidt
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2013
Read 6 reviews
To be honest, I wouldn't recommend H3 or Skyline rubbers. Playing a copybook stroke with these rubbers requires top notch effort and a whole lot of practice. Everyone wants to play like the Chinese players but remember using boosted DHS rubbers wont make you a Chinese player.

My recommendation would be to use Rakza 7/ Vega Pro/Vega Europe/Hammond Pro Beta. As Old School suggested try to Google the reviews.

All the best for your new equipment.

This user has no status.
Well, my coach uses 729/Friendship RITC Rubbers and told to stay away from chinese rubbers for now...

The thing is that the club is sponsered by Butterfly, so the coach e pressured to recomend it (although he doesn't uses it), dismissing other brands.

Thanks alot everybody !!

This was my first thread in the forum and I'm amazed with all the answers and helpfull coments.

:D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
The best option is to ask your coach on the rubbers , or if you really want our help , post a video of yourself playing both backhand and forehand in different match situations. I am sure the forum members here will volunteer to help on what rubbers to pick. Without seeing your current form and knowing what kind of technique you are using and what your shortcomings are, its very difficult to give generic advise on equipment, especially since you are serious about the sport.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2015
Read 2 reviews
hey guys

Hello there in fact i bought the hurricane 3 rubber its perfect .. now my worries are weather i got the original one or just i got the commercial normal rubber please need ur help ,i mean how to know? is there any marks , numbers or signs printed on the sheet or even at the rubber it self please if any one ever used this rubber can tell me how to know , good day and all the best .

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
Read 4 reviews
Hello there in fact i bought the hurricane 3 rubber its perfect .. now my worries are weather i got the original one or just i got the commercial normal rubber please need ur help ,i mean how to know? is there any marks , numbers or signs printed on the sheet or even at the rubber it self please if any one ever used this rubber can tell me how to know , good day and all the best .

Where did you buy it??
You probably got just normal comercial sheet but you can check it on dhs official site

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
If Black Eagle mistakingly got a "National" version, the Company TT mafia is gunna send a goon squad after him to get that sucka back... and he better be ready for them like Carl was... or our friend the Eagle will be in big trouble coping with the goon squads.

Hurry up, you might still have time to install a smart phone remote trap door and bait it with fake versions of the "National" rubber... then watch from your secret stakout apartment accross the street while you film all the action and post it on Facebook and TTD to make it go crazy viral.

Reactions: agold
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
The best thing to do if you have one of those H3 National versions (for the pros on the national team) is to run, give it to someone you don't like. The goon squad will be on the way. And you won't be able to get away from them, unless you are trained to spot the goons. From my SpyPhone, I have seen that they are even tracking down guys with fake real national rubber.

But, let me ask you: if it is perfect, why do you care which version it is?

There are directions to build a trapdoor with remote control button to get those suckkahs. The trapdoor I have goes to the septic tank. We had 'em trapped down there for a few days before they got out. That is one of the best ways to get away. So beware. Be very aware.

Reactions: agold and Der_Echte
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
haha, Carl is Pimpin' it 'cause it is the bat he is testing ATM (and it is a good suitable bat too), but really, every company had a bat or two or three in this sweet spot of Allround OFF category. Whatever you do, get all your stuff from same place to save on multiple shipping charges.

Still, no one has a product witha LEAF on it as their symbol (like Nexy) and it is a good conversation point (leaf is PALM)