TTDaily members playing.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
So this saturday I played my friend from higher league again..
I was interested how would I do, I had that new Giant Dragon TopEnergy on my forehand, ..
So I lost 4:0 when I played my attacking play.. The GD TE rubber is very hard to play..
I had to focus on every shot, I couldnt do any shot automatically like I was used to do many shots..
So it was really hard,.. not bad, but it will need more practise to get used to it..
I am really thinking about getting Andro Hexer + on both sides.. problem is I have limited amount of money :(
So probably in september I will be able to do this..
Anyways, after playing offensive, I changed the racket and tryed the deffensive style!
And guess what?
I won! :)
4:3, closely, but I won! :)
And this is a player who trains with former Czechoslovak champion, that is playing defensive whole life!
So it is really pleasant for me that I won.. :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2011
So this saturday I played my friend from higher league again..
I was interested how would I do, I had that new Giant Dragon TopEnergy on my forehand, ..
So I lost 4:0 when I played my attacking play.. The GD TE rubber is very hard to play..
I had to focus on every shot, I couldnt do any shot automatically like I was used to do many shots..
So it was really hard,.. not bad, but it will need more practise to get used to it..
I am really thinking about getting Andro Hexer + on both sides.. problem is I have limited amount of money :(
So probably in september I will be able to do this..
Anyways, after playing offensive, I changed the racket and tryed the deffensive style!
And guess what?
I won! :)
4:3, closely, but I won! :)
And this is a player who trains with former Czechoslovak champion, that is playing defensive whole life!
So it is really pleasant for me that I won.. :)

Congratulations on your win! , its amazing how detailed you can analyze your equipment, in terms of what it lacks and how it should be. :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Very nice vid Matt! Great points there. It was kinda confusing that there were no slaps, but then it turned out u saved them till the end of the vid haha. Nice flicks as well, I don't understand why some of those players keep serving short sidespin against u :p

says Do you guys have streaks where you are just not playing...
says Do you guys have streaks where you are just not playing...
Jun 2011
Read 6 reviews
Bad training days and playing streaks

Do you guys have streaks where you are just not playing well, and your strokes dont work? and what do you think causes this? Less time for training, mental/emotional state etc.. and whats the best way to get out of it? I personally find these times really upsetting..

says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
Yes I had that just recently and took a real nosedive in our rankings here. I took a week off to relax then hit back hard at training and won 3 singles events at tournaments in the following 2 weeks, at the second tournament I won every match and won all 4 events I played at the tournament including the Open Mens Singles title, couldn't really have asked for much better. Sometimes a break is the only answer, form slumps can't really be explained, I had just come back from playing some of my best table tennis at the Australian Open and one week later I was playing my absolute worst. I say take a break, watch some table tennis and find the inspiration then go back out there to win!

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Do you guys have streaks where you are just not playing well, and your strokes dont work? and what do you think causes this? Less time for training, mental/emotional state etc.. and whats the best way to get out of it? I personally find these times really upsetting..

There are a gazillion things that can influence poor play. PPP shared it from his perspektiv as a developed player, but a developing player can go through many of these periods while he or she improves. Once something in training improves in consistancy, the games gets better. Also, it is possible to just be doing too much physically and you just have to take your foot off the pedal for a spell sometimes.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
Hey Jedi I'd have to know more about the context of your training. Are you working on new techniques or trying to improve a certain part of your game? Typically when you're training for let's say 2-3 hours at least 4 days a week you will have slumps like that when working on newer techniques. It could be a service, a certain type of loop, or even a tactic that you'd like to improve. Footwork could also be an issue, but if all of this goes through a slump that should be normal and you just have to push through. The most important thing is to push through as fast as possible and keep your mentality up.

Look at it this way, our sport is typically the most mental sport out there. If you let a slump get you down you will stay in the slump for a longer time than if you just focus on your technique take a few rest days and keep trying to improve. Don't worry so much about winning or losing worry about the little tweaks needed for your stroke or technique to improve.

Another way I like to use when coaching is this: Training isn't a straight line. If it were more people would be in this sport and everyone would be at a world class level. It's more like a stairwell. Sometimes you have to take 2 steps back and rest a little to run 4 or 5 steps up. And to answer your question about what causes this, I would have to say it's got to be Mental. Because physically as long as you're training your regular regimen nothing should have changed. If you don't have newer equipment nothing should have changed. And if you're not practicing anything new nothing should have changed. It's all just a mental relapse that takes some R&R (rest and relaxation).

Hope this helps l8ers all.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
When your game goes very well you can get slumps like that. Because when it goes well it goes without thinking about your technique. Once you get the doubts and thoughts about your technique in your head during matches you will be in the slump. Try to get the technique correct during practise and try to work with what you have in matches. When the practise goes well, the technique in matches will become more 'automatic' again.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews
When your game goes very well you can get slumps like that. Because when it goes well it goes without thinking about your technique. Once you get the doubts and thoughts about your technique in your head during matches you will be in the slump. Try to get the technique correct during practise and try to work with what you have in matches. When the practise goes well, the technique in matches will become more 'automatic' again.

100% agree
The strokes should be natural, if its not, then our mind is the cause.. In most cases..
This is called choking :D But slump is quite a term there :)