Rosewood NCT V

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
Hello!

This is my first post here. I was wondering if you could help me. I have recently changed my blade from a Stiga tube allround to Rosewood NCT V, and I notice that the arc (if that is the correct word, perhaps trajectory) is completely different. I don't know too much about this, so bear with me. The arc seems to be higher, so I have to adapt and hit the ball in a more flat manner.

Is this just because the Rosewood is a lot faster, or is it because of material etc?

Maybe you could give me some general advice when it comes to adapting to the new blade?

I should add that I am not a great player, even though I have played for some years now :)

Thankful for any help!

This user has no status.
Both the blade and rubbers will effect the throw-angle that you are talking about, this is a text I found about it.

Throw-angle — The angle of the flight of the ball as it comes off the racket surface in the direction the bat is travelling. Differing blades and rubbers affect the throw-angle considerably as will different strokes (the angles would be very different if you were looping for example with very tacky rubber or with anti-loop). The throw-angle will also vary depending on whether the contact is on the outside of the racket or in the middle, or whether low, in the middle or high on the ball. High throw-angle rubber generally has a higher ratio of spin than speed, compared to low throw-angle rubber. (Flexible, slower blades typically increase the angle).

This user has no status.
Hi, i have rosewood V and it as i am hell of the blade, but you need to get use to it. i have to say that vega euro was not so good for me on it too much catapult effect. I know that with rosewood you can't miss a step, be fast on your legs and you win the point, throw angle is higher and the blade is faster so you will need to adapt.

This user has no status.
I have used my RW V since September. It did indeed take some time and a lot of playing to get used to it, but I suspect that it always does when you change both blade and rubbers as I did. Once I did, the major advantage of this blade is the amount of feeling you get while still having great speed. The speed might be a problem if you are not a good enough player, and I'm not sure I am. But I have tested softer combinations with less speed and more control, and yes, I do hit more balls on the other side of the table with the softer equipment. But those balls are a whole lot easier for my opponent to return than the stuff I hit with my RW/Bluefire M2 combo. So I have to make a choice... And I'm still thinking...:confused: