STIGA Carbonado 145 and Carbonado 190 with a comparison to Butterfly Viscaria

After having played a little with both carbonados (I ordered a 190 and a friend got a 145), I definitely chose the 190, was planning to order a 145........but bought a second 190 instead :D

The 190 is balanced so well, such an amazing control. And despite the flatter trajectory, I feel that 190 has even better dwell time than 145. I'll maybe write a full review after in few weeks.

The 145 is great, but it feels like many other premium blades (somewhere between Maze AlC and Innerforce ALC), the the 190 is something really "special".

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Read 14 reviews
After having played a little with both carbonados (I ordered a 190 and a friend got a 145), I definitely chose the 190, was planning to order a 145........but bought a second 190 instead :D

The 190 is balanced so well, such an amazing control. And despite the flatter trajectory, I feel that 190 has even better dwell time than 145. I'll maybe write a full review after in few weeks.

The 145 is great, but it feels like many other premium blades (somewhere between Maze AlC and Innerforce ALC), the the 190 is something really "special".

Nice you like it! Looking forward for your full review :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 3 reviews
ŒHey Raazzz, first of I wanna say that this was an absolutely great and very informative review, Thank you! :)

I'm very interested in These so called Carbonado Series, but it's so difficult to choose one of them. I use Tenergy 25 on both my FH and BH, but I can't remember what the blade is called. I find that my blade is very Heavy...

I'm a talented TT player and I have played Table tennis for about 4 years now. I'm a very aggressive and very offensive player who likes to stay in close to mid range to the table, mostly close range. I loop with power and with spin. Against serves I flick with my backhand with sidespin and I loop with my forehand with power and spin. I attack right when my opponent serves. I like to put much spin on my serves and I when my opponent is looping and when I recieve a strong and Heavy loop, I block, if I see that it's not that spin on the loop Or stroke, then I counter topsin, this situation comes usually when i'm close to the table and I have my opponent looping far from the table Or in mid range from the table. I smash very much and I like to put my opponent on pressure and attack. I'm a very offensive and a very aggressive players who likes to play with speed, spin and control close to the table and in mid range to the table. I like to play strong shots and I challenge myself.

Is it any of These Carbonados that you would recommend for me and that suits my playstyle and how I play?
And is it any kind of rubber that you would recommend for me that is great with the Carbonado 145 Or 190 and that suits my playstyle?

And which one of These Carbonados do you think I would match with and which one would you recommend?

By the way, I have some pictures of the blade and the rubber that I currently use, my setup.
2n7malc.jpg

2lwudjr.jpg

2hxliiv.jpg

ivbhbb.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: raazzz
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Read 14 reviews
Hi F1lle! I'm glad you liked it! First of all I think they both will work good with your game style and the difference between the blades is not that big. I personally using the 190 so thats the one I like to recommend. When it comes to rubbers it's a little hard to say. I think airoc and Tenergy works good but thats maybe just for me. Do you like soft or hard rubbers, and how do you want the weight on the rubbers to be?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 3 reviews
Hi F1lle! I'm glad you liked it! First of all I think they both will work good with your game style and the difference between the blades is not that big. I personally using the 190 so thats the one I like to recommend. When it comes to rubbers it's a little hard to say. I think airoc and Tenergy works good but thats maybe just for me. Do you like soft or hard rubbers, and how do you want the weight on the rubbers to be?

Hey Raazzz! Yeah the difference isn't that big, but you know in the Carbonado 145 it's Torsional with a 45 degree angle and in the Carbonado 190 it's flexural with a 90 degree angle. It also has a big sweet spot.

And the rubbers, I think I will put either Airoc M on this blade, but I like the Airoc M rubber. I like hard rubbers. But I don't think that I have tried out any soft rubber at all. Calibra Tour M also seems to be good with this blade. But i'm most interested in the Airoc M rubber.

Actually, my current blade with rubber, is 189 grams I think and when I hold my current blade in my hand, I feel that it is very heavy. But I like light to medium rubbers, I think mostly Medium. And I want my Carbonado to be light with Blade and rubber :)

Thank you in advance :)

This user has no status.
ŒHey Raazzz, first of I wanna say that this was an absolutely great and very informative review, Thank you! :)

I'm very interested in These so called Carbonado Series, but it's so difficult to choose one of them. I use Tenergy 25 on both my FH and BH, but I can't remember what the blade is called. I find that my blade is very Heavy...

I'm a talented TT player and I have played Table tennis for about 4 years now. I'm a very aggressive and very offensive player who likes to stay in close to mid range to the table, mostly close range. I loop with power and with spin. Against serves I flick with my backhand with sidespin and I loop with my forehand with power and spin. I attack right when my opponent serves. I like to put much spin on my serves and I when my opponent is looping and when I recieve a strong and Heavy loop, I block, if I see that it's not that spin on the loop Or stroke, then I counter topsin, this situation comes usually when i'm close to the table and I have my opponent looping far from the table Or in mid range from the table. I smash very much and I like to put my opponent on pressure and attack. I'm a very offensive and a very aggressive players who likes to play with speed, spin and control close to the table and in mid range to the table. I like to play strong shots and I challenge myself.

Is it any of These Carbonados that you would recommend for me and that suits my playstyle and how I play?
And is it any kind of rubber that you would recommend for me that is great with the Carbonado 145 Or 190 and that suits my playstyle?

And which one of These Carbonados do you think I would match with and which one would you recommend?

F1lle, it seems that your blade is the wood from the DHS A6002 pre-made racket, so, as expected, no info about the blade is available, except the one that it is a 5-ply one.