Who do you think will win the Spanish Open 2015 - ITTF World Tour?

• Vladimir Samsonov

Votes: 17 56.7%
  • Koki Niwa

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Eonrae Cho

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kenta Matsudaira

• Yuto Muramatsu

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Quadri Aruna

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Masataka Morizono

• Paul Drinkhall

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Omar Assar

• Other (Post Below)

Votes: 3 10.0%

• Total voters
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
GAC Group 2015 ITTF World Tour, Spanish Open (Major) 25 Mar 2015 - 29 Mar 2015, Almeria, Spain

The Gac Group 2015 ITTF World Tour, Spanish Open begins on the 25th March and concludes on the 29nd March. This Major World Tour event is held in city of Almeria. Inform Vladimir Samsonov enters the Men's Singles Seedings as the no.1 seed.

Total number of entries so far is: 290

Main Draw

Men's Singles
Women's Singles
Men's Doubles
Women's Doubles

Live matches from the Spanish Open can be watched in the ITTF Live Streaming which has playback on demand with integrated chat with TableTennisDaily members!

Belarus's Vladimir Samsonov, the World #12 has entered the Spanish Open as the #1 seed.

vladimirsamsonov2015.jpg

Vladimir Samsonov no.1 seed - Photo by: ITTF

Men's Singles Seeds

kokiniwa2015.jpg

Japan's Koki Niwa enters the Spanish Open as the #2 seed - Photo by: ITTF

01) Vladimir Samsonov
02) Koki Niwa
03) Eonrae Cho
04) Kenta Matsudaira
05) Yuto Muramatsu
06) Quadri Aruna
07) Masataka Morizono
08) Paul Drinkhall
09) Omar Assar
10) Par Gerell
11) Wong Chun Ting
12) Alexander Shibaev
13) Chiang Hung-Chieh
14) Grigory Vlasov
15) Yuya Oshima
16) Maharu Yoshimura
17) Stefan Fegerl
18) Alexey Smirnov
19) Li Ping
20) Jens Lundqvist

Women Singles Seeds

kasumiishikawagermanopen2015.jpg

Kasumi Ishikawa enters the Spanish as the #1 seed - Photo by: ittf

01) Kasumi Ishikawa
02) Ai Fukuhara
03) Sayaka Hirano
04) Fu Yu
05) Georgina Pota
06) Yuka Ishigaki
07) Xiaona Shan
08) Misako Wakamiya
09) Misaki Morizono
10) Jie Li
11) Mima Ito
12) Doo Hoi Kem
13) Jihee Jeon
14) Miu Hirano
15) Huajun Jiang
16) Chen Szu-Yu TPE
17) Iveta Vacenovska
18) Miyu Maeda
19) Yana Tie
20) Miyu Kato

For full player entries click here.

Live matches from the Spanish Open can be watched in the ITTF Live Streaming which has playback on demand with integrated chat with TableTennisDaily members!

We can use this thread as a means to display all the latest results, videos and news from this spectacular World Tour event! What are your predictions from each event.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Samsonov has a very easy schedule. Most difficult opponents are on the second half (niwa, matsudaira, muramatsu, wong,ping). So reaching final should be quite easy for him. So the question is who is going to win second half. I think it can be muramatsu, but we will see. Anyway samsonov is not good against defensive players.

says Hi Brookerbig, thanks for the message - in all honesty...
Mar 2015
Read 4 reviews
Samsonov has a very easy schedule. Most difficult opponents are on the second half (niwa, matsudaira, muramatsu, wong,ping). So reaching final should be quite easy for him. So the question is who is going to win second half. I think it can be muramatsu, but we will see. Anyway samsonov is not good against defensive players.

He's not to bad against defensive players either Sali... ;-) Ding Song in this match here. At the time this match was played without a doubt the best defender in the world and the forerunner of the modern defensive style with strong third ball attacks and counter looping in the point, stepping up the style from Chen Xinhua. Take a look!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews

I have to say this:
NEVER underestimate Kalinikos Kreanga.
I think that guy has still positive record against Vladi. He has beat him many many times, he also lost many times, they played a lot each other :)
But Kali knows what to do against Vladi.

He's not to bad against defensive players either Sali... ;-) Ding Song in this match here. At the time this match was played without a doubt the best defender in the world and the forerunner of the modern defensive style with strong third ball attacks and counter looping in the point, stepping up the style from Chen Xinhua. Take a look!

Sorry, Paul, I have to disagree with you.
The best defender at that time was Koji Matsushita..

BUT - The good thing for Vladi was, that they were both in the same team, so they didnt need to play each other, but I guess they had a lot of training sessions together.
But in my opinion Vladi is very good against defense, just watch the latest match of him and a defender in the Champions league:

Reactions: megaexception
Mar 2015
Read 4 reviews
Great videos Michal! Ding Song got to number 7 in the world, the chinese team made him retire at about 26 years old to make way for the new stars... I think Matsushita was about 22 or 23 at his best? He also got to the quarter finals of the 1997 worlds in manchester, where he lost to guess who? Vladi Samsonov! I'd of rather played Matsushita than Ding Song at his best, as good as Matsushita was. He was unbeaten when China won the world team championships in Tianjin in 1995 also. Great player!

Reactions: Michal_Z
says You can check my YT channel here...
says You can check my YT channel here...
Sep 2013
Read 2 reviews

What? Samsonov is great against defensive players, not to hasty, not playing to hard in difficult situations and then striking when the time is right. I'm sorry i can't find a single match that Samsonov has lost against either Joo or Hou. The only one i can find against a defensive is against Gionis in the ETTC 2013 team competition. But he still got revenge against him in the singles tournament. So Samsonov is actually winning like 9/10 matches against defensive players, i would'nt say that he's bad against defensive players with those stats